2012 rumours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, at least that gives us something to talk about! I hope Kimi arriving re-invigorates Renault (or Lotus:rolleyes:) and they can push for the third or fourth best team - maybe we can have a top 5 (teams) next year!

I think we have been spoiled by the 2010 season, when was the last time we saw 3 teams fight for victories constantly? I very much doubt we are going to get that again in recent years.

Although with Ferrari, McLaren and Mercedes we have the potential, but then we have Red Bull who are always a step ahead ever since double diffusers got abnned.

in 2003 we saw 4 teams fight for victory consistantly

in the second half of 2009 bloomin any team could win depending on what track we were on!

Bit of a field spread though, 2003 was interesting because of the tyre war. Renault only won one grand prix, McLaren only 2 wouldn't say that was consistently.

2009 however has got to be a strange season, would have liked it if Toyota took a win in Bahrain, I don't know why, just wanted them to win a Grand Prix. Also, I think 2009 was one of the closest fields ever! Only 1s covered the whole grid in most qualifying sessions.

Bit of a field spread though, 2003 was interesting because of the tyre war. Renault only won one grand prix, McLaren only 2 wouldn't say that was consistently.

2009 however has got to be a strange season, would have liked it if Toyota took a win in Bahrain, I don't know why, just wanted them to win a Grand Prix. Also, I think 2009 was one of the closest fields ever! Only 1s covered the whole grid in most qualifying sessions.
09 was the opposite of 2011 in (almost) every way!

It had it's similarities....boring season, and it was inevitable on who was going to win after 8 races.
In terms of the racing was much more exciting than quali in 2011 and in 09 it was opposite and in 09 the field was extremely close to each other. Also, in 09, 5 or 6 teams could have feasibly won a race (out of ten).

You said competed - and all 4 did - Kimi was in a Mclaren and came second in the championship so Mclaren were def compeating for wins.

You said competed - and all 4 did - Kimi was in a Mclaren and came second in the championship so Mclaren were def compeating for wins.

And you said "consistently", Renault weren't on for race victories, not consistently, neither where the McLaren's, consistency is what kept Raikkonen in the championship, but not consistently fighting for race victories.

hmmm I think you should go put on the review of 2003 dude coz Mclaren were always in it if the car had kept breaking down - as for Renault they were always a threat.

Plus go and watch the review of that season because it was awesome

Random stat: With Raikkonen returning, there will have been world champions for the past 12 consecutive years still active in f1. Of course, Schumi's 7 titles certainly contributed!

hmmm I think you should go put on the review of 2003 dude coz Mclaren were always in it if the car had kept breaking down - as for Renault they were always a threat.

Plus go and watch the review of that season because it was awesome

Don't have it....can't find it, the same for '05 and ''06 it's a bugger alright :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom