2012 rumours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, yes, although Red Bull had paid for him to race in Renault 3.5 for 18 months, and he didn't win a single race in that time.

Obviously they aren't perfect and maybe they made a mistake there - arguably they have with others too - but I feel more sorry personally for those talented drivers who never get any Red Bull support in the first place. If Hartley hadn't been picked up by Helmut Marko, would he ever have got the chance to test an F1 car? It's questionable.

Good driver, congratulations to him, but is it better any drive than no drive?
Not the only one in that position though.

Another non-rumour (but we don't seem to have a general 2012 thread); the teams are due to discuss flexing front wings next week, to prevent the issues seen this year.

May go someway to explain why Trulli was banging the laps in like a mad man in Qually in Brazil. Point to prove perhaps?

In Team Mate Prediction, Trulli hasn't scored a point since Monza. For those of you who don't play that game, that means Kovalainen has finished ahead in every race, every qualifying session and every fastest lap ranking since the Singapore GP!

Not much up for grabs next year is there?

One Lotus seat, that it seems very likely to be between Senna and Grosjean (Outside chance of Kubica)
Two Force India Seats almost certainly for di Resta, and Hulkenberg.
Two Toro Rosso seats, Verge, Ricciardo, Algersuari and Buemi fight that one out.
Two Williams Seats for the highest bidder.
One HRT seat for the highest bidder.

Not much to choose from is there!

I don't see the benefit of Kimi Raikkonen moving to Renault/Lotus/Benetton. At least from there perspective.

It seems a hell of a risk to them to take him on, when there are other drivers out there. There current drivers, Sutil, Hulkenberg, A cheeky stab at one of the Torro Rosso drivers considering seems to be plenty vying for drives in that team.
And also considering that Raikkonen reportedly doesn't come cheap either.

A team like Williams I could understand. There, a punt at him could of gotten them a driver who moved them up the grid. Outperformed the car, if they got the Old Raikkonen. That would in turn made Williams look less like a team in the doldrums with the bad vibes going around them.

with Renault, from the teams side, There would seem to be more pitfalls then benefits, And i would hazard a guess that need stability too, Try and get there car sorted. They may not be the next big things in F1. but keeping Hold of Petrov and Senna for a couple of seasons, with Kubica in the wings waiting till if/when he is fit, would of done good.

I hope I'm wrong though a Pre-08 Raikkonen dragging a team forward and upsetting the apple cart when he can drag the car around the track would be a joy to watch.
I'm Waiting with baited breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom