2012 rumours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
First I've heard of it but I think it may have been discussed on this thread or another as a possibility. Certainly from HRT's point of view having someone with Rubens experience of developing a car would be absolutely invaluable - add the fact that Rubens says he's 'willing to put his own money into F1' could be a deal to make Rubens a serious part of the team.

Wow - Barrichello at HRT could be some very good business for them. Really think it'll be Barrichello and Riccardio at HRT now next season. The new teams are certainly trying to move up in the right direction. We might actually see them all inside the 3 or 4 second mark of the big teams next season. Hopefully they'll all get a good winters test this time round and can iron out their problems with the cars.

Reactions: mjo
I think Riccardio is only on loan from Red Bull and is more likely to be at Toro Rosso and also HRT's new owners promised a more Spanish feel to the team which people took as a Spanish driver. Vila has been suggested and Dani Clos is driving for them in the young driver test so I think it'll be one of those two.

I think the Rubens deal spells the end for poor old Liuzzi again who hasn't had a bad season but once again nothing special.

Rubens to HRT reminds me of Regazzoni to Ensign back in 1980. Think it would be a good choice for HRT as long as they put a young, potential star in the 2nd car. Keeping Ricciardo in the 2nd seat would be a good pairing.

Rosberg would get away from Schumacher and gets the chance to race a car which is reasonably competitive.

He's been doing that regularly for two years anyway. I think it's pretty evident that Nico is not in the least bit phased by having Michael as his teammate. It's a faster car he wants.

He's been doing that regularly for two years anyway. I think it's pretty evident that Nico is not in the least bit phased by having Michael as his teammate. It's a faster car he wants.

Rosberg seemed to be a bit miffed with the team following what happened in India. It seemed to be a reversal of a well known formula.

"Nico, Michael is slower than you, please come in for slow tyres so that he can get past".

Rosberg seemed to be a bit miffed with the team following what happened in India. It seemed to be a reversal of a well known formula.

"Nico, Michael is slower than you, please come in for slow tyres so that he can get past".

There is an article on the BBC covered by Mark Hughes that supposedly highlights the intense rivalry that is brewing between Schumacher and Rosberg where they've been evenly matched in the race...but this has been helped by the fact neither Renault, Toro Rosso or Force India are as fast which could have split the two of them

I am surprised to hear that since Jock Clear became Schumacher's race engineer when previously he had been Nico's last year his performances to Nico has improved a lot race pace wise.

That move by Nico on lap 1 was mightily aggressive and impressive on Schumacher...its a message to Michael

Now Nico has committed himself for another two years with praise from Ross BRawn that he is a capable race winner and world champion in the right car..it would be interesting to see this teammate rivalry develop

You can prove anything by statistics (except greatness). All anyone can say statistically is that he is the most successful, in terms of race and championship wins. Even then it's not that clear cut, if you consider wins against starts.
Schumacher's win/start ratio is just under 32%, compared to just under 28% for Jackie Stewart, 25.5% each for Senna and Prost (interesting, that). Juan Manuel Fangio's ratio was 47%.
And that's before we even get into who their respective teammates were.

'Greatness' suggests something more, that transcends mere statistical success. Schumacher's propensity to shove people off the road rules him out of that, in my book.

The point I was trying to make Chad was more that the reason why Schumie is a multiple Champion is because he wants to win by any means - as have many other drivers over the years. This may be to have a huge technical advantage, this may be to destroy your team mate and other drivers physcologically, it may be simply to punt them off the road if they get in the way. Often its a combination of the three.

But it's too easy to dismiss what Schumacher has achieved by just suggesting he is a "dirty driver" as there was far more to the man in terms of preparation, team building and skill. Anyone who trys to deny that Michael Schumacher is (with the emphasis on is) anything other than one of the greatest F1 drivers of all time is dellusional.

Anyway, we drift off topic :thumbsup:

This rumour hasn't been posted yet.

But for some reason Trulli's seat seems to be in danger even though he has a contract, and the drivers that are in line for his seat are Ricciardo, d'Ambrosio and Vergne.

I don't see why Trulli is if I am honest, he's been doing well, if you do the points system between the two it would be 301-259 in Trulli's favour, also Trulli has achieved their highest finish twice, while Kovalainen has only did it once. Kovalainen has had more retirements, but most of them have been his own fault, so the DNFs cancel out.

But if Trulli going means Buemi gets to stay then :D

Where have you heard that one Sly? was mentioned on another thread I think that maybe his place was in danger for the right price but the view was that they were keeping him for 2012 in order to ready Rossi to come in for 2013.

Unless Caternham are doing a deal for some Red Bull technology and taking on one of their up and commers is part of the deal - bit like HRT this year

It was in the Autosport forum a few days back, the source I think is Turun Sanomat, think they are quite reliable I head, but this one sounds as fishy as Fisichella.

Well to be honest all the young drivers they had in the Abu Dhabi test got very close to Trulli's quali time with very little time in the car so wouldn't be surprised if they weren't pondering his place. Guess we'll have to wait and see - my gut says we'll still see him in the seat at the start of next season at least.

Some quotes from Newey on the 2012 RB8. I've converted them from Spanish:-

Adrian Newey: "Everybody thinks RB8 I said that would be completely different from what seen so far, but I did not say that"

Adrian Newey: "The RB8 will be an evolution of RB5 (2009), we started the car with this cycle and where we draw in recent years"

I will not be surprised if Trulli packs it in because he's been woeful this year with endless power steering issues but does not seem to be up for it anymore and like Rubens getting his last paycheck

I'd have to say Rubens enthusiasm for F1 seems unhindered from what I've seen. Its very clear he still loves it and wants to be here. Not sure I can say that for Jarno.

Whilst RUbens love of F1 is admirable. Does he want to be remembered as being part of Williams slide towards the back of the grid unless off course Renault have got something in the engine which will help the team's revival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom