2012 rumours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Renault are within their rights to drop Kubica although they must look stupid for agreeing to let him do rallying because he clearly made the team look better than it should be last year

If he is not fully fit then its too bigger risk... its between Grosjean, Senna and Petrov. I get the feeling Bruno will get in because of the name and Grosjean has been hyped now to say he is ready this time after the shocking baptism of fire under previous experience

Petrov brings money so may find himself at Marussia team

I like your thinking but Petrov is already contracted for next year and if he goes 'Lotus' may find that the word Skoda thats in big letters written down the side of their car isn't there anymore and probably a few less 0's in their bank account.

On top of which Glock has already signed for Marussia and Charles Pic seems on the verge of it so can't see it happening.

2013 maybe

Isn't it so that Petrov has a contract with Lotus-Renault and not with Lotus. I think there was talk about it in 2010 with Kubica. He had a contract with Renault for two years or something, but he could go to another team, because Renault changed their name to Lotus-Renault, which made the contract invalid.

Surely that would be covered by the contract stipulating the the deal is between Petrov and FIA Formula 1 World championship entry whatever, rather than the name of the team at the time. Otherwise Glock, Kovalainen and Trulli's contracts are also not valid.

that sounds silly to me. If my work department suddenly changed its name to The Department For Silly Walks it wouldn't mean that I was no longer contracted there or entitled to any redundancy pay if they asked me to leave.

They would have to have pretty terrible lawyers for a name change to make everyone's contract invalid.

Petrov has a year left on his contract end of. They can pay him off and wave goodbye but as we know Lotus are short of cash and it would mean another of their major sponsors waltzed off with him I really don't see it happening. For me the whole reason they're talking negative about Kubica coming back all of a sudden is that they realise they need Bruno Senna in the car to keep their funds up.

that sounds silly to me. If my work department suddenly changed its name to The Department For Silly Walks it wouldn't mean that I was no longer contracted there or entitled to any redundancy pay if they asked me to leave.

They would have to have pretty terrible lawyers for a name change to make everyone's contract invalid.

Petrov has a year left on his contract end of. They can pay him off and wave goodbye but as we know Lotus are short of cash and it would mean another of their major sponsors waltzed off with him I really don't see it happening. For me the whole reason they're talking negative about Kubica coming back all of a sudden is that they realise they need Bruno Senna in the car to keep their funds up.
----------------------------------------------------

Thats why lawyers are a pain in the backside because they tend to rip you off whilst use some fancy jargon to make contracts sound difficult

I do remember Kubica did question the validity of his contract when Genii capital became the main shareholder of Renault

Bouillier has been talking up Grosjean as he is also his manager

And Toro Rosso, DJ Squire Jaime would be number 1 if moose Buemi leaves

It's not a question of "1F" it's a question of "when", it's quite clear that he should be in a Mercedes to Red Bull seat for me, absolute no brainer!

Moose to Williams with Raikkonen!

What a partnership! :D

Yeah because Ron was all about the hard work and being serious. He never went round the pit lane playing practical jokes on people or anything.

Wrong thread for this but I'm becoming really tired of hearing about Ron Dennis the Deity who made Mclaren this invincible machine because it just isn't true. The only difference I see in Mclaren's dealings in F1 since Martin Whitmarsh took over is that unlike Ron whenever Mclaren make a mistake over a grand prix meeting Martin has to put up with every bugger on his dog jumping on the internet and writing a blog about how he's not as good as the previous manager.

For those he believe that 'when Ron was in charge Lewis never had his race messed up' I'd like you to go watch China 07 and Italy qualifying 08 - and thats just for starters.

Time will tell eh?

Who the better Mclaren Team Principal will be. Ron or Martin...
We all know what Ron achieved as Team Principal lets see what Martin can do....

" We will only race the Mp4-19 once it is bullet proof so we will use the MP4-18 for 2003 season"

---- they never raced the new car so Kimi spent the whole season using the old car taking the fight to Schumi
then to compensate for 2003 they decide to bring out the 2004 antelope nose early by Nov 2003 and initially was fast but later proved fragile and could not even last 5 laps

We also know what Ron achieved by merging 2 small teams and creating and building the second most successful outfit that's still around today. To compare with that you would at least expect McLaren to move from the second to the first.

If we measure by hit-rate, McLaren are more successful than Ferrari. This is something that currently looks like it could be under threat from Red Bull.

I've never shown expressed an opinion on who the better of them was - all I was trying to dispelled was this rumour that Ron was this untouchable legend. What he did for Mclaren was in fact amazing but since he's gone there seems to be this rose tinted specticul view that everything was perfect when Ron was there. Whitmarsh in my eyes has kept the team on the same level of performance as when Ron was there and its been a seamless transition. How often has that happened when a big name leaves? not many. Instead all he gets is people shoving how perfect Ron was down his throat. If Ron has been here Lewis would have won this years world championship because he'd have used the power of the force to slow the Red Bull down etc etc etc.

Martin Whitmarsh was chosen by Ron to do this job and has been doing it pretty well. How about people give him some credit for that rather than shoving Ron at him everytime something doesn't work out?

I've never shown expressed an opinion on who the better of them was - all I was trying to dispelled was this rumour that Ron was this untouchable legend. What he did for Mclaren was in fact amazing but since he's gone there seems to be this rose tinted specticul view that everything was perfect when Ron was there. Whitmarsh in my eyes has kept the team on the same level of performance as when Ron was there and its been a seamless transition. How often has that happened when a big name leaves? not many. Instead all he gets is people shoving how perfect Ron was down his throat. If Ron has been here Lewis would have won this years world championship because he'd have used the power of the force to slow the Red Bull down etc etc etc.

Martin Whitmarsh was chosen by Ron to do this job and has been doing it pretty well. How about people give him some credit for that rather than shoving Ron at him everytime something doesn't work out?

It has been a fairly seemless transition. I guess thats down to the the structure that is in place. Like most things we usually only remember the good and push the bad to the back of our minds. I'm sure Martin Whitmarsh will put his own stamp on the Mclaren team...I just hope they can start next season with race winning machinary and not have to play catch up again.

Seen something on Twitter saying that Barrichello could be heading to HRT? Any truth in this?

fakewhitmarsh
Martin Whitmarsh
Who's making the biggest mistake, BAR to HRT or Kimi to Williams? Or put another way, who has the best ice cream?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom