2012 rumours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't want to be predicting the Renault line up, along with Toro Rosso and Williams.

But the drivers in contention for those three teams that I would like it to be, would be:

Kubica back at Renault (long shot I know) and Petrov gets to say on, if not for either then I would prefer to see Grosjean than Senna racing.

Buemi (Moose) to be kept on and wouldn't mind if both drivers stayed.

Williams, would like it if Raikkonen cameback, I think Maldonado will stay, he's not done too badly compared to his first few races, should have more points on the board. But I think it would be good for Williams if they get Raikkonen and Sutil. Barrichello I am afraid should just go. I think 2009 rejuvantaed him, that was shown (in 2009 obviously) and in 2010, but this year however it's not, he's made a fair few bad comments about the team, his performances compared to Maldonado haven't exactly been great.

Williams, would like it if Raikkonen cameback, I think Maldonado will stay, he's not done too badly compared to his first few races, should have more points on the board. But I think it would be good for Williams if they get Raikkonen and Sutil. Barrichello I am afraid should just go. I think 2009 rejuvantaed him, that was shown (in 2009 obviously) and in 2010, but this year however it's not, he's made a fair few bad comments about the team, his performances compared to Maldonado haven't exactly been great.

Maldonado:
This week, I have read some motorsport journalists from Spain and South America saying that Maldonado sponsors are not happy at all with what's going on this year (the car and so on) and that we could have a surprise regarding Maldonado.

Räikkönen:
The latest is that Toto Wolff told the Krone Zeitung that they are negotiating with Kimi and that it is serious negotiation from both parts and not a PR show, but that there is no deal yet and it is not just a question of time. And then Wolff says that they are also thinking about Bianchi and Bottas. The article with Wolff's statements I have read (in motorsport-total.com, I have not found the original one in Krone.at) also talks about Sutil and Barrichello as possible candidates, but since they didn't use quotation marks, I don't really know if that's something motorsport-total has added to the news or something Wolff really said :rolleyes:

Remember last year when Renault used Kimi's name for PR, his management came out and dismissed the talk and even went on to critiscise Renault for trying to draw false attention by using his name when infact they weren't even talking properly. The fact that his management havn't done this with Williams is an indication that they really are in talks over a drive in 2012.

As for the other Williams driver in 2012 I think it should be Barrichello. Although it may just be gut feeling I don't think Maldonado has been as close to Barrichello as many think, all those years of experience are more likely to pay off when he has a car that can actually do something.

No-one's mentioned Ferrari. One person at least seems to think that Massa's seat may not be quite as secure as everyone thinks:

http://planet-f1.com/driver/18227/7290677/DC-Ferrari-may-yet-ditch-Massa-for-2012
The Germans have been talking this week about how Rosberg might take Massa's seat. Even some media went as far as saying that Nico had recently visited Maranello. There was an interview in Bild am Sonntag with Haug and Brawn that also contributed to the rumours because they said that Nico was not fixed for next season yet (but that Nico wanted to stay and they wanted Nico) and that they had several drivers knocking on their door.

Rosberg has denied today visiting Maranello.

The idea of a Massa-Rosberg swap is quite an attractive one.

Massa would go back to people he has worked with before. He might not mind being second to Schumacher as much as he does Alonso.

Rosberg would get away from Schumacher and gets the chance to race a car which is reasonably competitive.

What part of the McLaren ethos are you having issues with exactly? I totally agree with the way they are going racing at the moment, Jenson is doing a stelar job, its just Lewis that seems to be struggling. Maybe if he sorts his head out (which he seems to be doing), then he will be up there once again.

Its the, hey look at us, we're fun too! aspect that has surfaced since Whitmarsh took over that I was referring to. He just doesn't seem to have the edge that Ron did. I'm sure Lewis will be mighty next year as the cars are going to have less downforce available to them (at least at the start of the season anyway!) and I feel that may help Lewis's driving style. I wonder if Honda will make a come back when the turbo engines resurface. We all know how good those were...

Its the, hey look at us, we're fun too! aspect that has surfaced since Whitmarsh took over that I was referring to. He just doesn't seem to have the edge that Ron did.

Yeah because Ron was all about the hard work and being serious. He never went round the pit lane playing practical jokes on people or anything.

Wrong thread for this but I'm becoming really tired of hearing about Ron Dennis the Deity who made Mclaren this invincible machine because it just isn't true. The only difference I see in Mclaren's dealings in F1 since Martin Whitmarsh took over is that unlike Ron whenever Mclaren make a mistake over a grand prix meeting Martin has to put up with every bugger on his dog jumping on the internet and writing a blog about how he's not as good as the previous manager.

For those he believe that 'when Ron was in charge Lewis never had his race messed up' I'd like you to go watch China 07 and Italy qualifying 08 - and thats just for starters.

Red Bull: Vettel/Webber
Mclaren: Button/Hamilton
Ferrari: Alonso/Massa
Mercedes: Schumacher/Rosberg
Renault: Grosjean/Petrov
Force India: Di Resta/Hulkenberg
Sauber: Kobayashi/Perez
Toro Rosso: Ricciardo/Alguersuari
Williams: Sutil/Maldonado
Lotus: Kovalainen/Trulli
Virgin: Glock/Pic
HRT: Liuzzi/Deletraz (or someone as talented as him;))

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I very much doubt we'll ever see Robert Kubica in an F1 car race again, let alone next year.

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but...:
Williams is almost ready to announce Kimi Raikkonen's return to Formula One for 2012, according to media reports.

"(The) Raikkonen (agreement) is almost there," a source inside the famous British team is quoted by FAZ newspaper.

Italy's Autosprint reports that the funding is coming from Qatar.

Williams on Wednesday hinted at the deal by revealing that a memorandum of understanding with Mowasalat, a Qatari company, was signed in Doha for the use of the team's simulator technology.

"The funding for the 'Iceman' is coming from the heat of Qatar," said the Italian magazine.

The Finnish broadcaster MTV3 said the sponsorship of a Qatar bank is the next step.

That will validate a contract that Raikkonen, 32, reportedly signed recently "and the announcement will be made in Abu Dhabi" next weekend.

The Swiss publication Motorsport Aktuell said the 2007 world champion is Williams' "first choice" to be Pastor Maldonado's new teammate.

"He (Raikkonen) has been at Grove several times for talks," the report added.

whichever beer is your fave Bill. I'm pretty certain he won't be there for 2012..........2013 of course is a different story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom