Pre-Season 2012 New Car Images & Discussion

RB8 snap shots . Video on their website.
http://www.redbullracing.com/cs/Satellite/en_INT/Video/The-RB8-Revealed…-021243158945543

Screen Shot 2012-02-06 at 13.07.40.webp
Screen Shot 2012-02-06 at 13.07.49.webp
Screen Shot 2012-02-06 at 13.07.55.webp
Screen Shot 2012-02-06 at 13.08.01.webp
Screen Shot 2012-02-06 at 13.08.03.webp

Adrian Newey said:
The restriction nose height which is a maximum height just in front of the front bulkhead hasn’t really changed the chassis shape very much. We’ve kept more or less the same chassis shape, but had to drop the nose just in front of the front bulkhead, which, in common with many other teams, has led us to I think I’d probably say a slightly ugly looking nose. We’ve tried to style it as best we can, but it’s not a feature you would choose to put in were it not for the regulation.

http://adamcooperf1.com/2012/02/06/adrian-newey-qa-behind-the-scenes-with-rb8/

The Sauber is very clumsy looking.
Now Red Bull have a stepped nose I'm beginning to be concerned with McLaren's car. There must be a good reason why RB have gone stepped rather than smooth.
I got worried when Lewis said a good looking car is a fast car, he said the 2009 car was beautiful & look where that ended up.
Tomorrow will be a good indicator of initial pace.
I wonder how many will have significant changes before Australia??

Has the step been fashioned into an air intake?

I noticed that as well. Defo looks like a hole.
I just wish all these teams had turned the lights on before taking the photos/videos.
I guess we will get some more photos in daylight for testing tomorrow. Hazzar.

Liking that Ninje! :thumbsup:
You can see how McLaren have lowered their Front suspension pick-up points and kept the front of the monocoque much lower than the Ferrari beautifully! Interesting that the from the front the sidepods don't look radically different between the two cars...

That pic really does show you much lower the Mac nose is compared to the Ferrari.

Now Mclaren aren't stupid (are they?) and the Platupuss nose has been common knowledge before the designs have come out so they've obviously tried it and decided they're better off without it in other areas. This could lead to some very close racing as the Mclaren will be slow parts of the course the others are quick on and quick on parts others will be slow on! It could also mean that Mclaren turn up to some circuits and absolutely dominate - could also mean they turn up at others and are so off the pace it hurts - a bit like(and I mean no offence) the 2009 Toyota.

Having said all this Mclaren have to start asking themselves questions if at least one other team doesn't go the same way as them.

The McLaren's nose is even lower than it appears in that picture; as well as the rear wing the tops of the head-rests ought to be lined up I reckon.

Back
Top Bottom