• Heikki Kovalainen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Glock

• Jerome d'Ambrosio

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was keeping an eye on Maldonado throughout...very disappointing. Anyone can have a bad start, but 9 laps in and still stuck behind both Lotuses?

If it turns out that the car was damaged, then I might revise my opinion. Probably to Petrov.

Surprised to see Hamilton get a vote, considering it's over the whole weekend and he beat his team mate in qualifying and the race, and apart from a poor start did nothing wrong all weekend.

Still, when have these polls ever been based on logic?

I'm guessing it was a Fernando fan. In which case logic dictates that I must vote Alonso chump of the weekend for not being Hamilton.

No guessing required.

Click on the total number of votes for each option to see who voted for each one.

You were correct. How childish. I'm a Hamilton fan and I voted Alonso driver of the day.

Narain was useless today. I think the top 3 could compete with him on foot. Why on earth does this guy have a drive? Cheap, I guess. He gets my vote anyway.

I was keeping an eye on Maldonado throughout...very disappointing. Anyone can have a bad start, but 9 laps in and still stuck behind both Lotuses?

If it turns out that the car was damaged, then I might revise my opinion. Probably to Petrov.

There didn't appear to be any damage but they have cited "unusually low tyre pressures" as a reason for his very slow pace on one stint.

Well some Alonso fans clearly still can't get over their crush on him. Hamilton achieved the best possible result today. Admittedly even he'd stayed ahead of Alonso he would not have had the pace to keep him behind. Felipe's poor pistop eventually made the difference. I voted Luizzi for being a complete nuisance like his team mate but I thought Schumacher was terrible crossing the pit whitelines and then damaging his wing in a desperate attempt to keep position.

Well I remember people voting Vettel for chump of the weekend the past few races even though he won the races and made no mistakes (bar Canada)....

Massa's driving at the start was also out of order. I know he had a great start but i fail to see what purpose he's serving at the moment apart from serving as a mobile chicane for Alonso. He's continually getting in on the action only to part like the red sea for his team mate.

Lauda for been a muppet

Or Brundle for the fawning over Button

As they are not drivers it will have to be Button for sliding straight back into mediocrity after a stunning last time out,

Hold on, what's that I hear? we can be partisan with choices?

Well I remember people voting Vettel for chump of the weekend the past few races even though he won the races and made no mistakes (bar Canada)....

Maybe they don't like his finger or his terrible faux philosophical mutterings. It's not all about the driving. Most people who voted Lewis as chump after Monaco did so for his vocal outburst after the race.

Maybe they don't like his finger or his terrible faux philosophical mutterings. It's not all about the driving. Most people who voted Lewis as chump after Monaco did so for his vocal outburst after the race.

That's a valid reason for voting him the chump :rolleyes: the person who voted Hamilton as the chump can easily say I don't like the way he looks and what he says and does off the track....because that's what you are basically saying over Vettel...

That's a valid reason for voting him the chump :rolleyes: the person who voted Hamilton as the chump can easily say I don't like the way he looks and what he says and does off the track....because that's what you are basically saying over Vettel...

But it's not like the person who voted Hamilton did it for his looks or appearance, he is not from some redneck town in the American deep South is he?

I'm not saying anything. I'm not stating any opinion and I'm not calling Vettel a chump. I think you have misunderstood the context of my post.

All I am saying in reply to your earlier post is that sports personalities are not only judged upon their competitive performance. No need to jump to anyone's defence because I am not attacking anyone. The only reason I used Vettel as an example was for continuity with your statement.

I think we just have to accept that some people will vote based not on logic but on prejudice, dislike and various other reasons unrelated to the race weekend.

Short of stopping the polls there's not much that can be done about it.

Let's not let it get personal - these polls are simply a bit of fun and if people want to vote for someone who had a good race but they don't like that's entirely their prerogative. After all, I voted for the bloke who qualified 2nd and finished 3rd.

But it's not like the person who voted Hamilton did it for his looks or appearance, he is not from some redneck town in the American deep South is he?

Indeed, I was just counter arguing Extreme Ninja's point which I found had many flaws in it (no offence to Extreme Ninja who raises good points :thumbsup:)

Back
Top Bottom