• Heikki Kovalainen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Glock

• Jerome d'Ambrosio

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I stand by a decision I made several races ago. Not only do I have great difficulty, under normal circumstances, in passing judgement on guys who do something I am way to old to do even if I wanted to, but following the weekends events (practice, quali and race) I witnessed no chumpery. I cannot understand the need or desire to find chumpery where there wasn't any. I'm also mystified as to why I felt the need to post these remarks and tell anyone else why I feel this way. It's most bizarre. I can only imagine that this posting lark is some kind of infectious disease, since until I started doing it I never felt the need. Now it's like smoking ... does that mean I should quit? :thinking: Odd.

:please: off topic for one sec!

I can only imagine that this posting lark is some kind of infectious disease, since until I started doing it I never felt the need. Now it's like smoking ... does that mean I should quit?

I was so alone for so many years as an F1 fan finding myself saying "no it's not cars just going round and round in a circle" "yes there are more exciting parts after the start":crazy: But then I found forum's where there are others like me (not all), kind of a self help group for the outcast F1 fan if you will, when everyone else wants to talk about soccerball.

No.
The polls are for drivers only.

Although there is some discussion behind the scenes as to whether they will continue, due to some of the obvious troll voters.

According to Brundle and Co. they said he was likely to challenge Vettel or lead the McLaren fight this weekend following on from a bad day at Montreal......DC and co went so far as to tip him as a bounce back result.....as it stood didn't materialise. Nobody ever said a thing about Button, he was poor the whole weekend, but Lewis wasn't that bad.

Essentially there was no McLaren option and to me the entire McLaren team really was the chump of the weekend for supposedly the second best car.

Does this not make Brundle and co the chumps give that Lewis only said he'd be happy to finish, achieved it and finished ahead of his teammate and one of the four cars that was quicker in the race?

Replacing strange and questionable logic with strange and questionable logic leaves us with strange and questionable logic.

This isn't a blinkered defense of Lewis Hamilton, it is a reasoned defence of common sense.

Maybe it should be the Ferrari team for leaving Massa out too long. This resulted in him losing the position and prossibly fourth place.

I think Massa's botched pitsop was more detrimental.

Personally i'll be happy to see this thread shelved in the future. It creates too much of a negative atmosphere in the forum. I think driver of the day is enough.

I was tempted to say 'No chump this weekend' until reminded of Karthikeyan's mobile chicanery. Schumi might have got my vote had he put Petrov out of the race, but since he didn't it's Narain that gets my vote.

Sportsman's vote was ironic, intended to highlight how ridiculous some of the votes were.

Cookinflatsix is the opposite of Sariniade, which explains his vote.
Edit: See his post above.

There will be no further polls after this one, so it's largely irrelevant now.

The posts about the closure of Chump of the Weekend have been sent to the Pit Lane. This thread remains about the Chump of the European Grand Prix Weekend.

With all 24 cars finishing the tail-enders are too easy to pick on for getting in the way, especially late in the race when the front-runners just wants to get to the end, exercise their his fingers and throw away decent Champers.

Schumi could have been a candidate for Chump of the Race, but his overall weekend was decent AND he frankly admitted that the punt into Petrov was his fault 8-)

So, as Clarkson would say, "on that bombshell" my vote goes to None Of The Above :thankyou:

I've gone for Webber as I've decided its his fault we don't have a championship battle this season. Totally unreasonable I know but the boredom of Valencia must have burnt out my logic brain cells.

Roll on 2012 with Lewis in a Red Bull! at least we'll get a title battle!

Well the chances of that wish coming true might depend upon whether Lewis inherits Mark's team "support" system. :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom