Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jerome d'Ambrosio

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Voted for Sutil.

Reason been despite Di Resta giving up a points position. Sutil keeps on getting beat by Di Resta and really needs to speed up.

But agree with Fenderman and Slyboggy that the Stewards and Race Control are the really chumps of the weekend.

I'm with hammydigrassi. There are few drivers as consistently poor as Sutil in Formula One at the moment.

You can excuse Hamilton for agressive driving that often brings results, there's no such excuse for Adrian.

As for the other contenders, Button's accidents were marginal anyway but his winning the race excludes him from [my] Chump contention and most made more and worse mistakes than Vettel.

I'm afraid it's Lewis but not for any truly deserving reasons...
I just think he's out of sorts and succumbing to too many red mist moments. At both Monaco and here he just seemed to try too hard and to hell with the consequences.

Was it Liuzzi or Karthikeyan that made Massa go off the dry racing line onto the wet in order to lap him and end up causing Felipe to slam it into the wall. My vote will go to whoever it was because that was the chumpiest thing I saw all weekend!

Without any evidence whatsoever, I'd like to postulate that it may have been Narain based on his record at getting out of people's way. I.e. he doesn't!

That's a bit harsh Brogan, I don't think it is in Jenson's nature to do such a thing purposefully. I am of the opinion that he genuinely couldn't see Lewis so far up and took the natural racing line.

It's no more harsh than saying it was red mist for Hamilton.

All he tried to do was pass a car in front of him, on a straight.

button-hamilton-canada-2011-1.jpg

button-hamilton-canada-2011-2.jpg

If by that you mean legitimately going for an overtake on his much slower team mate, who then pushed him into the wall risking both of their lives, then yes I'd have to agree.

Can we just be clear on how low visibility was in those conditions. It was low. And I do not think that they were risking lives any more than that being what F1 drivers do for a day job.

In addition, Lewis was fast enough to go the other way around, rather than into the valley of pain.

All he tried to do was pass a car in front of him, on a straight.

There is a kink!

I think we need to wait for the onboard footage to be released then we can see what kind of view Hamilton actually had before attempting that overtake.

Bro', I don't want to get sucked into what is clearly a very heated topic. In my opinion that particular accident was just that and it seems pointless trying to apportion blame. And please don't get me wrong; I do love watching Lewis race; he's a breath of fresh air in that he does make the effort to overtake. Although one of my pleasures this season is seeing lots of people attempting overtakes both with and without DRS.

What I do think though, is that he's been impatient in making his moves / or his moves are less thought out than they have been. To me he comes across as distracted because the one thing you could guarantee over the last few years was that his moves were not only audatious but planned.

My vote for 'chump of the day' goes to all the stewards who were on their feet, but didn't try to help their colleague when he slipped in the road.

Hamilton was certainly in the wars yesterday, but I think the stewards have it exactly right in their detailed examination of his crash with Button: it was a racing incident. As for hitting Webber and running wide 'round the outside of Schumacher, I suspect he was carrying too much speed on each occassion, but that can happen in those conditions. In the end it was a day for more patient drivers.

That doesn't make Hamilton a chump - just unlucky. And this week, he reacted with dignity.

A difficult race for all, after a reasonably incident free weekend..... certainly by Monaco standards!

Chump? ... sorry, Lewis, I dropped you from my FF1 team because I feared you'd do this sort of thing .....
..... but 3 bouts of red-mist in the first 4 (or was it 5?) proper racing laps; ........ for :censored: sake!

Was it Liuzzi or Karthikeyan that made Massa go off the dry racing line onto the wet in order to lap him and end up causing Felipe to slam it into the wall. My vote will go to whoever it was because that was the chumpiest thing I saw all weekend!
That was Karthikeyan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom