Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jerome d'Ambrosio

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Quite a few to choose from: Button 13th to 3rd, Schumie 24th to 5th, Fernando 8th to 4th, Webber, after a bad start 2nd and Vettel another win.

Who's your choice? Maybe someone lower down the order impressed you.

Tough decision today, considering it's over the whole weekend.

Those who finished well didn't necessarily qualify well.

I think it's going to have to be Vettel as he pulled out half a second on the final qualifying lap, qualified over a second ahead of his team mate, and went on to win the race when everyone was declaring that his blistered tyres would see him falling down the order.

Ewww I feel dirty but I voted for Schumacher ;) - Just from the replay of his opening lap a very close choice tho between him and Jense who also drove a cracking race with some superb laps and some cracking overtakes.

*Edit - damn it's the weekend isn't it :embarrassed:

I went for Vettel too. Schumie did incredibly well given where he started and the incident which put him there wasn't his fault but Vettel's pole lap was sublime and his driving, combined with the Red Bull tactics, was brilliant.

As did a few drivers.

I doubt very much Button would have got a podium without it, despite what Martin Whitmarsh said (Button being the driver of the day in his opinion).

Seb showed today his class

He doesn't have to win or overtake but he does as a true racer always will

Nico was good at the start but gave his place to MS

Button was ok, but messed up quali, and as usual came through a field in a far better car than those he passed. Dont understand why EJ is creaming himself at Buttons overtakes, at Spa in the dry and with DRS, its been the easiest overtaking I have ever seen by everyone (except Koba)

So it has to be Seb, with Lewis the top 2 drivers on the grid

Between Jenson and Schumacher (God, did I really say that!)

Michael did a superb job coming from the back of the grid - but he only did what would be expected from a 7 x wdc even if he is past his prime, allegedly :)

So have given it to Jenson - some stunning moves there to get him on the podium. If he hurries up and doesn't get too old he could become a legend :D

And a final mention to Alonso - Mr Marmite - Ferarri let him down again with their inablilty to get the car to work with all the different tyres :disappointed:

Vettel. Usually he's not even the best German driver of the weekend, but there was something different this time.

If we had a chump thread then I'd go for Jake cHumphreys. After the podium he said something like "Jenson Button clearly the driver of the day here..."

Sorry? Not the guy who got pole and fended off all comers to win AGAIN. I wonder if German TV was calling Button the driver of the day so clearly...

Driver of the weekend was vettel for me.

I wanted to vote for Jenson, but poor qualifying after showing so much promise was poor.

Special mentions to the Mercedes drivers, if they strung together nico's start and Michael finish, they would be doing well.

Ok now I know I'm going to take some hate for this but give me a chance to justify it... Lewis Hamilton. Clearly the car didn't have the pace to get pole position but still puts it on the front row beating out Webber. In the race it looked like the Ferrari was the overall best package when on the soft tyres by a significant margin. Bearing in mind that Hamilton took his chances well and robbed Massa with a great overtake and was therefore set to beat him. Hamilton was also some way ahead of Button on the road and Button finished 9.6 seconds of Vettel at the end, therefore Hamilton would have at least been on for a podium, probably second place as Webber was 6 seconds in front of where Button finished and possibly the win. As for the incident that took him out of the race it looked like Kobayashi was attempting a repass but after being squeezed to the edge of the track (but given enough room) he should have got his front right wheel out of there and waited for Hamilton to turn in.

I can't give the DoTW to Vettel because he was very fortunate in the race, Webber qualified poorly again and messed the start up again, Alonso qualified poorly while racing well, Button messed up his qualifying and benefitied greatly from Senna smashing as many cars as he could and Rosberg did a good job but nothing another driver couldn't do. Schumacher had a very good weekend and nearly stole my vote from Hamilton, bad qualifying which wasn't his fault and a nice recovery to beat his team-mate, let's not forget that those fresh tyres would have helped greatly but an excellent drive. Almost forgot Adrian Sutil, a great race but not so great qualifying stopped him from taking my vote aswell.

I'm sorry if you actually read all of this...:yawn:

Schumacher for me. Started last and finished in front of his team-mate who was leading after the first lap (or two?). There hasn't been many opportunities to vote for him but I think he's been much improved this year and deserves my driver of the weekend vote.

I've gone for Schumi, since his qualifying performance wasn't his fault and he managed to avoid clouting anyone (or getting clouted) which considering his form this season is a surprise, and finished 5th ahead of his team mate.

I've voted for my driver of the day instead of over the whole weekend, as the first part was a bit of a washout.

I've decided to go for Schumacher, put in a stellar of a drive today to come from the back to finish 5th. I mentioned on the discussions thread that i expected a good drive from him today. Besides yesterdays crash really wasn't his fault he had a failure and if he'd started nearer the front i'd have seriously had him down as a contender for a podium finish.

Between Vettel and Schumacher,

Vettel grabbed pole with more than 4 tenths from Hamilton you can't say that he gained all that from being the last one over the line since Hamilton was only 2 seconds ahead of him on the track. Did a lot overtaking today, I have no clue about the blistering tyre stuff, but that seemed to have cost him since he pitted early because of it. Great race from him after many saying that he is under pressure and might not win again this season.

Above all that, he's won at Monza, Monaco, Suzuka and now at Spa. Can't remember if there is a title for winning all those 4, someone help me out here...

Schumacher drove through the field, excellent start once again, didn't have the fastest car on the grid, yet came from 24th-5th, one must ponder what result he may have got if he didn't start 24th. Possibly a podium?

Like to mention Alguersuari and Buemi, both were having good weekends, unfortunately both got taken out.

Back
Top Bottom