• Vitantonio Luizzi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Glock

• Jerome d'Ambrosio

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If that was the logic, then why isn't Bruno there?

By not making Q3 and getting a podium is pretty good shot for DOTW.

26 for Schumi, I wouldn't disagree with that.

I went for Nico. His defensive driving was immense. I would say Jenson or Schumacher but they both started with full range of dry tyres which gave them the advantage theybneeded to climb through the field. If you discount these two guys finishing ahead of him on those merits and take intonaccount the retirement of Hamilton, Rosberg effectively gained a position in the race and, once again, qualified better than would be expected. Great start too and held off some great drivers in better machinery very well until the inevitable.

2 For Hamilton and 1 for Kobiyashi..........*scratches head*

Same. I don't get that.

Koba probably got the vote from a Hamilton hater who loved seeing him DNF...

...and Lewis from die hards who loved his qually effort and felt that Koba cost him a win.

I voted for Vettel in case anyone's wondering! ;)

Same. I don't get that.
I don't get the Button votes for the reason I already posted.

I voted for Vettel in case anyone's wondering! ;)
We don't need to wonder.
Anyone can click on the total votes for each option to see who voted for that particular one.

I've already stated that Keke's vote for Kobayashi is probably ironic just a few posts ago.

As no-FIAt-please said, he explained his Hamilton vote a few pages back.

Why does no-one read previous posts? :rolleyes:

2010: Sebastian Vettel has the worst race of his career at Spa
Free Practice: Mark Webber fastest Red Bull
Q1: Vettel 4th behind both McLarens and Webber
Q2: Vettel 4th behind Alonso, Hamilton and Webber
Q3, one lap to go: Webber prov. pole, Hamilton P2
Q3 Result: Vettel half a second clear, a second clear of team-mate
Sunday morning: Red Bulls blistering, too slow.
Lap 1: Rosberg goes 1st
Soon Red Bull pit early
Result: Vettel wins!

It is how a man acts in adversity that defines him. Sebastian Vettel is so good, when you look back you barely notice he was in adversity!

He was 12th before the safety car which put him in third behind his teammate and a slower Mercedes. That boy sure does have some luck.

So, in essence, the question is could Vettel have caught and passed Alonso later on when he had no pace? I choose to believe he would have.

So, in essence, the question is could Vettel have caught and passed Alonso later on when he had no pace? I choose to believe he would have.

I would not doubt that had there been another 10 laps, Michael Schumacher would have caught and passed Alonso, such was the ugly ugly state of affairs.

I would not doubt that had there been another 10 laps, Michael Schumacher would have caught and passed Alonso, such was the ugly ugly state of affairs.

Partly the fact alonso's tyres would of went off, Schumi would of had an easy ride or alonso would of had to pit

I went for Nico. His defensive driving was immense. I would say Jenson or Schumacher but they both started with full range of dry tyres which gave them the advantage theybneeded to climb through the field. If you discount these two guys finishing ahead of him on those merits and take intonaccount the retirement of Hamilton, Rosberg effectively gained a position in the race and, once again, qualified better than would be expected. Great start too and held off some great drivers in better machinery very well until the inevitable.

I might be wrong on this but didn't Schumi and Rosberg do the same amount of pitstops? If they did then the fact that Schumi had more fresh tyres than Rosberg didn't matter really. The only difference was that Schumi started on a fresh set and Nico didn't - which could be said for anyone below 10th - and Schumi being stuck in traffic would have put pay to that advantage anyways. I think what put Schumacher in front of Nico was a) getting the hard tyre out the way quicker and b) being faster than him.

I think what put Schumacher in front of Nico was a) getting the hard tyre out the way quicker and b) being faster than him.
Lap time chart.

2011-belgian-grand-prix-lap-times-schumacher-rosberg.png

Interesting reading. Slowly slowly catchy monkey it appears.

As I think I said elsewhere Nico had a great race too - just don't think you can put Schumi getting past him down to the fresh rubber

If Spa had been a 54 lap race, Alonso would have used his 3rd Set of Softs somewhere along the way. Alonso actually screwed up by not being on a 3 stopper. I thought he was missing a chance of winning as the laps began ticking off and he was leaving it too late to use up his 3rd set of Softs.

Back
Top Bottom