• Vitantonio Luizzi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Timo Glock

• Jerome d'Ambrosio

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A tough one today, but I've gone for Schuey (just) ahead of Jenson & Adrian Sutil. There were a lot of really good drives, so it was a tough one. Michael and Jenson, because they had a lot of ground to make up, and Sutil drove a really good race.

Many great drives today ( I am discounting qualifying because it was basically a crapshoot). ......Webber passing Alonso at Eau Rouge on lap 9 or 10 was terrific. Vettel showed great tyre management skills with a car with far too much camber on it. Schumacher outshone the rest. Last to fifth is really incredible nad makes him the driver of the day. Not bad for an old man!

2010: Sebastian Vettel has the worst race of his career at Spa
Free Practice: Mark Webber fastest Red Bull
Q1: Vettel 4th behind both McLarens and Webber
Q2: Vettel 4th behind Alonso, Hamilton and Webber
Q3, one lap to go: Webber prov. pole, Hamilton P2
Q3 Result: Vettel half a second clear, a second clear of team-mate
Sunday morning: Red Bulls blistering, too slow.
Lap 1: Rosberg goes 1st
Soon Red Bull pit early
Result: Vettel wins!

It is how a man acts in adversity that defines him. Sebastian Vettel is so good, when you look back you barely notice he was in adversity!

I thought Schumacher was quite lucky not to receive a penalty for overtaking an HRT under yellow flags and then passing di Resta by cutting a corner.

These incidents tend to happen at the back of grid and don't get investigated. I remember jarmo trulli mentioning it a few races back, seems like the stewards don't pay attentions to the back of the field.

As for the move on Di Resta, you could argue he past Di Resta before the braking zone makin the manouvre complete then he went off.

As for the HRT one the as he approached the flashing lights it was green and suddenly changed yellow and the speed they are going it can easily be missed, also there was debris flying at him

I thought Schumacher was quite lucky not to receive a penalty for overtaking an HRT under yellow flags and then passing di Resta by cutting a corner.

A penalty for either would have been harsh. With the amount of weaving the HRT was doing, and the bits of carbon fibre flying around, he had no way of knowing if the HRT was damaged or not. He'd already passed Di Resta before going slightly wide. If anything, he would have lost a bit of momentum, not gained anything.

I seem to remember Lewis Hamilton getting a penalty at Magny Cours in 2008 for only being able to complete an overtaking manouvre by cutting a bit of the run off, he got a penalty... Schumi didn't.

As I remember that move wasn't complete as he was half a car length past Vettel before he went off unlike Schumacher who was fully ahead of Di Resta before going off and made an attempt to make the next corner.

Well having just rewatched it I would say he is fully infront of the Torro Rosso and then goes off the road but he is definately closer to Vettel than Schumacher was to the HRT.

Well having just rewatched it I would say he is fully infront of the Torro Rosso and then goes off the road but he is definately closer to Vettel than Schumacher was to the HRT.

Di Resta not HRT :p

Hm...so he is, think it's because Hamilton has a bit too much speed and is as you say closer to Vettel, compared to Schumacher and di Resta.

Anyway best not to go off-topic.

I can't vote for multiple drivers but Vettel and Schumi were both great this weekend.

Button was ok, but messed up quali, and as usual came through a field in a far better car than those he passed. Dont understand why EJ is creaming himself at Buttons overtakes, at Spa in the dry and with DRS, its been the easiest overtaking I have ever seen by everyone (except Koba)

Most of his overtakes were out of the DRS zone...

In a faster car, in the dry, Spa is easy to overtake at even without DRS. DRS made it overkill

If he had overtaken a Red Bull or avoided being overtaken by Vettel, then it might be special

In a faster car, in the dry, Spa is easy to overtake at even without DRS. DRS made it overkill

If he had overtaken a Red Bull or avoided being overtaken by Vettel, then it might be special

Lewis made it look difficult. Overtook before Eau rouge, had DRS all along Kemmel, and still wasn't a car length ahead at Les Combes.......:D

At the start of the race cars were heavier, as time went on things like the track evolved, but actually what am I thinking;

you are correct, Lewis is bad at overtaking

Its all his fault

LOL
Come on, Lewis made a mistake. He's admitted as much. He's a great talent, probably the fastest out there, but he does suffer from a bit of brain fade sometimes.

Sorry FB. Lewis has had a vote for driver of the weekend though. People are always going to bring up incidents to justify their selection, or give reasons why those selections are bad.

I think it's going to have to be Vettel as he pulled out half a second on the final qualifying lap, qualified over a second ahead of his team mate, and went on to win the race when everyone was declaring that his blistered tyres would see him falling down the order.

Also, he needed to overtake Rosberg (twice), Webber, Alonso and Button.

Hamilton is the only Big Gun he didn't over-take but even Lewis would have been applauding the way Vettel overtook the blindingly fast Mercedes of Rosberg around the outside of Blancimont!

His move on Alonso was well judged too...and he needed it in order to be in position to win.

My Driver of The Weekend without a shadow of a doubt!

Back
Top Bottom