2010 - Summary

Yeah, funny that.
And apparently it's just a question of money; i.e. he wants more.

So far from only being interested in a decent drive, he's just in it for the the money.

If the latest rumours from Mclaren are true, the tea lady is now being interviewed to replace Heiki.

If falls through they are believed to have contacted the Butcher, the Baker and the candlestick maker.

However, rumours that Nigel Mansell may return to the team are false.

Latest gosip on Lotus F1 that seems to be doing the rounds at the moment is a driver lineup of Jarno Trulli and Anthony Davidson. It's at the un-confirmed by any party so it's considered a non denial denial.

Sounds like a pretty strong pairing to me. One that isn't going to rule the world but one that should be strong on car development.

James Allen claims German media are linking Glock with Renault alongside Kubica.

Also Raikkonen says 'McLaren are the only option' ... in F1 that is, alongside possible forays into rallying etc.

Latest information from this mornings practice session.

Toyota confirm - Trulli / Glock out. Potential replacements Kobyashi (likely) and Heiki K (rumoured)

Williams confirm - Rosberg/Nakajima out - Will announce driver line up monday.

Glock says no deal with Renault yet however he expects to confirm deal this week.

Great rumour: Merc to pull out of Mclaren all together and switch to Brawn. Mclaren to take over BMW Engine department. (about as likely as NASA putting a man on the sun)

Ha, I had just added Kobayshi at Toyota for no other reason than, based on his performance in Brazil, I want to see him drive in F1. It's not often a new driver come into Grand Prix racing, puts in a pretty good quality performance and manages to naff off, amongst others, the new World Champion.

CaT said:

Great rumour: Merc to pull out of Mclaren all together and switch to Brawn. Mclaren to take over BMW Engine department. (about as likely as NASA putting a man on the sun)

Stranger things have happened, remember when Honda left Williams despite all the success their relationship had generated. McLaren do have some history with BMW, at least with their road cars.

More rumours. This time Senna to Campos.

As with Rubens to Williams this one has originated in the Brazilean press and again seems to be fairly strong. An interesting choice for Senna who was almost on the verge of signing for Brawn last season, then again his uncle made his mark with the Toleman team and went on his way to the WDC.

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/news/a ... /view.html

cider_and_toast said:

Whitmarsh did deny the BMW rumour a few weeks ago. However I really do think they're going to part from Mercedes so are going to need some engine expertise. They're using their own engine in the MP-12C sports car - have they already hired in engine designers and actually designed and built an engine yet?

Heidfeld to McLaren (apparently at Mercedes behest), Piquet Jnr to Campos ('cos Bernie thinks it is a good idea) and Kovi having a gripe about not getting fair treatment or race strategies compared to Hamilton.

So Mercedes may potentailly "place" two drivers in good seats because of their nationality and Campos are also choosing their driver line up based on their country of birth as, apparently, they want to be the "first Iberian-American race team". I wonder if Cosworth will have a veto over who sits in front of their engines?

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/ne...rmula_one/F1gossip/Piquet-to-Campos/view.html

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/ne...la_one/F1gossip/Heidfeld-to-McLaren/view.html

Back
Top Bottom