2010 - Summary

Here's a question.

We know that Toyota have pulled out, we know also that BMW/Sauber/Qabak are number one on the list of reserve teams. They've got all the investment and are right, ready and hot to trot. So,

Why the delay?

Do the FIA/Bernie think it may harm there case should they take Toyota on for breach of contract if they are replaced or is there something wrong with B,S,Q?

Even though I'm chuffed to bits to have Lotus back on the grid I always thought it was a little odd that B,S,Q weren't given the chance to stick around.

Cheers Rufus.

Well that answers that question then. At this late stage B/S/Q were the only realisitic team in with a chance of having a car ready for 2010 so it looks like we are going to be watching 24 cars next season.

Various reports state that Lola are still planning to re-submit an entry for 2011 so we may have to wait until then to see a full grid again.

Round up of a few things I've just read around the bizarres.

Manor and Lotus have been voted into the FOTA club so that makes all 14 teams (Toyota are currently still members) signed up.

FOTA will be ellecting a new chair and vice chair this month as the man from Del Monty dosn't want to stand again.

FOTA have proposed a single big joint car launch in order to cut costs and have put the idea to Bernie. Can see that plan being accepted fully by the munchkin but you can guess where the launch will be held? I imagine it's off to the Middle East we go.

Donnington ventures owner (well ish) Simon Gillet still believes he can still host the race and thinks that it's now a 50-50 battle between him and Silverstone. Gillet claims at least 10 interested parties are in talks over resurecting the plan and that Bernies 17 year deal remains on the table. The date for the go no go for Silverstone seems to be the 9th Dec funnily enough, I bet that deadline dosn't slip as much.

Campos have had their car approved by the FIA which means that I guess it's passed the various crash and safety tests. Adrian Campos has said that they remain confident that they will be on the grid in Bahrain on March 10th. Not exactly a ringing endorsement of his teams prospects?

Bruno Senna is driving for free at Campos allthough he will be able to negotiate his own sponsorship deals. Apprently Campos were the only team he spoke to that didn't demand a 5 Million Euro cash up front deal before signing him. Campos believe that the Senna name will be good for attracting sponsorship.

That's all for now folks.

Peter Sauber will be looking for someone with experience...

The only problem is Peter is exceptionally good at spotting new and exciting talent, so if he is able to hang on the Nick Heidfeld there likely be a bright young inexpensive thing in the second car.

Problem is with news (well, rumours so far) that Toyota's entry may be sold and that some or all of the Cologne employees will be retained could scupper BMW's bid to get in next year. I foresee some dispute as well if it does pan out this way.

[edit] the rumours earlier today of Serbian team Stefan GP buying Toyota's entry have been scotched by Mr Stefan Whoever-he-is.

The FIA have released the entry list.

No Driver                  Entrant                   Constructor
1 Jenson BUTTON (GB) VODAFONE McLAREN MERCEDES McLAREN MERCEDES
2 Lewis HAMILTON (GB) VODAFONE McLAREN MERCEDES McLAREN MERCEDES

3 Nico ROSBERG (D) BRAWN GP FORMULA ONE TEAM* BRAWN MERCEDES
4 TBA BRAWN GP FORMULA ONE TEAM* BRAWN MERCEDES

5 Sebastian VETTEL (D) RED BULL RACING RED BULL RENAULT
6 Mark WEBBER (AUS) RED BULL RACING RED BULL RENAULT

7 Felipe MASSA (BR) SCUDERIA FERRARI MARLBORO FERRARI
8 Fernando ALONSO (E) SCUDERIA FERRARI MARLBORO FERRARI

9 Rubens BARRICHELLO (BR) AT&T WILLIAMS WILLIAMS COSWORTH
10 Nico HULKENBERG (D) AT&T WILLIAMS WILLIAMS COSWORTH

11 Robert KUBICA (PL) RENAULT F1 TEAM RENAULT
12 TBA RENAULT F1 TEAM RENAULT

14 Adrian SUTIL (D) FORCE INDIA F1 TEAM FORCE INDIA MERCEDES
15 Vitantonio LIUZZI (I) FORCE INDIA F1 TEAM FORCE INDIA MERCEDES

16 Sebastien BUEMI (CH) SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO STR FERRARI
17 TBA SCUDERIA TORO ROSSO STR FERRARI

18 TBA LOTUS F1 RACING LOTUS COSWORTH
19 TBA LOTUS F1 RACING LOTUS COSWORTH

20 TBA CAMPOS META 1 CAMPOS DALLARA
21 Bruno SENNA (BR) CAMPOS META 1 CAMPOS DALLARA

22 TBA US F1 TEAM US F1 COSWORTH
23 TBA US F1 TEAM US F1 COSWORTH

24 Timo GLOCK (D) VIRGIN RACING VIRGIN COSWORTH
25 TBA VIRGIN RACING VIRGIN COSWORTH
* This team has indicated its intention to change its team name to Mercedes Grand Prix prior to the start of the 2010 season.

- Toyota Motorsport GmbH remains formally bound by the Concorde Agreement to put forward a team for participation, though it has indicated that it will not be in a position to do so. An announcement will be made regarding this entry in due course.

2010 FIA Formula One World Championship Entry List

Ok so it may or may not be regarded as a legitimate continuation of the original Lotus team but come on, how cool is that to see the words "Lotus Cosworth" on a Formula one entry list.

I wonder if Lotus has ever run with the numbers 18 and 19 before? Hmmm, wiki knows all I think.

Back
Top Bottom