2010 - Summary

Although Raikkonen is heavily linked with a move back to McLaren according to Update F1 Kimi is in talks with Red Bull, despite them having recently re-signed Mark Webber for 2010 and Toyota are also interested in his services. Barrichello is off to Williams with Rosberg taking his seat at Brawn. Heidfeld is top of the list to partner Kubica at Renault although Glock and Sutil are being considered but they don't plan to announce their 2nd driver until January.

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/ne...ip/Raikkonen-in-talks-with-Red-Bull/view.html

Another day, another rumour...

apparently raikkonen wants two changes if he joins macca: less PR days and more time to do rally, point 1 wont happen cos of sponsoring affairs and point 2, i am pretty sure macca didn't allow heikki to drive in a rally. all rumours of course :)

I think many sponsors would be quite content with Lewis Hamilton doing the corporate work, particularly Santander who have their fingers in the Ferrari cake as well. As for what Heikki was allowed to do, if I were a team boss I'd be more likely to make concessions to a World Champion than to a completely unproven driver, famous for losing good positions, and winner of a clearly inherited race.

If true it's a great deal for both parties. Williams get a fantastic father figure for a young driver who is well known for his ablility to set up cars and Rubens gets a drive that should be fairly competative and the chance to extend his record number of F1 starts.

Who knows, there could be "Number 1" on a Williams for the first time in 11 years.

As for Nico moving in the opposite direction, the question is are Brawn going to be able to sustain their position among the leading teams? If the second half of this season is anything to go by then perhaps next year they may be there abouts but they certainly won't have the same advantage at the start of the season as they enjoyed this year.

Like your signature says C_A_T, Brawn may not be able to stay with the spending power of the big boys despite the best efforts of the FIA to even out teams' spending. If they are challenging for wins next year I will be very surprised.

On the Rubens to Williams deal, it would be a very beneficial move for all involved - Rubens secures a drive for 2010 in a mildly competitive car; Williams get an experienced driver to push forward the team's development and to show young 'Hulk' the ropes; and Brawn capture one of the hottest properties in F1 at the moment (if, of course, it is a swap deal and Rosberg moves to Brawn). Everyone's happy!

Anyone got any gossip on Lotus, Manor and Campos? There are lots of rumours about all the established teams but the newbies, with the exception of USF1, don't appear to be coming on radar.

Despite the obvious comment about speaking out of turn...

"I hope we will not be punished because of our generosity," he added.
ROFL

and,

Told that Button would already be the champion if his medals system was in place, he answered: "With my system, he would not have won all those races at the start.
ROFL

Since he knows all, we should be able to re-do the 2008 championship with Bernie telling us what would have happened without the Singapore bumper car series. Hang on, why race in 2010, Bernie can tell us who wins now!

If that guy was taller I'd recommend he went into stand up!

But if you had to win races to become world champion, the other teams might have woken up earlier.

NOT IF THEY CAN'T TEST THE CAR TO IMPROVE IT BERNIE, YOU MUPPET :givemestrength:

GeoffP said:
Since he knows all, we should be able to re-do the 2008 championship with Bernie telling us what would have happened without the Singapore bumper car series. Hang on, why race in 2010, Bernie can tell us who wins now!

I thought Bernie and the FIA already did determine the results of the championship? :thinking: Allegedly of course ;)

Apparently Williams are definitely going for Cosworth.

And guess who Campos have on their short list?
Nelsinho Piquet :o

Brogan said:
Apparently Williams are definitely going for Cosworth.

And guess who Campos have on their short list?
Nelsinho Piquet :o

Nobody told them it's not stock car racing? ;)

I think we can definitely put Rubens at Williams ;) Also, Raikkonen is strongly linked to Toyota as well as Mclaren.

Back
Top Bottom