Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kamui Kobayashi

• Timo Glock

• Lucas di Grassi

• Total voters
This is a little off topic, but is anyone besides myself starting to wonder if Massa will be racing next year? To me, he seems a mere shadow of his former self (pre-accident). Is it time he took a page from the book of Sir Stirling and retire, as his skills will never be the same again?

Feckless said: From then on he drove a stormer. The criticism of his pass on Sutil I cannot believe on this forum. We want more overtaking, not less. Its a motor race, not a tea-party.

Actually, vettel didn't drive a stormer to start with, far from it; from my view at Stowe corner I could quite clearly see that he was being caught by Webber and Hamilton. At one point he was just about exiting Stowe as they came out of Chapel onto the hangar straight. Sure, he had a pit stop in hand, but he did seem to have given up at that point and I am certain that without the safety car coming to his rescue he would have eventually been lapped by his teammate and maybe Hamilton too.

As for the pass on Sutil, ok we want racing but it is meant to be a non-contact sport. Vettel hit two people in one race, and could be said to have been lucky to get away with just a puncture.

Is there a chart anywhere of the Chump results so far this season?

I voted for Vettel again mainly due to the sight of that finger again after qualifying.

But I look forward to him been on Pole for a race, only for the fact that he will make of mess of it in spectacular fashion.

He has an inability to overtake cleanly, can never admit fault when causing incidents and clearly thinks he is a better driver than he actually is.

OK, here are the current votes for Chump of the Weekend.

Sadly we didn't do it for Bahrain so that's missing.
The green cells denote the most votes per race and overall.

I counted the votes a while ago so some of them may be wrong now.

Attachments

• COTW.png
    COTW.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 133
Nice chart Brogan, the BBC will probably start mentioning those stats too!

With the latest revelation that Alonso/Ferrari was instructed to hand the position back to Kubica immediately, and evidently refused, I've had to change my vote.

It was sweet justice that Kubica soon retired (not for Robert) and the Stewards were forced to issue him a drive-through.

You may be right Fernando, you can definitely still win the title, Chump of the Year title that is.

I think it was TBY. If you look back at the thread I was quite complimentary about Button's performance in China but didn't see the race until late so went with by default position of "the boy Jenson". This was back in the dark old days when you couldn't change your vote.

Hums to self "If I could turn back time, if I could find a way..." :D

Lewis getting 3 votes in Australia for berating his team on the radio and punted up the rear by Mark and 1 vote despite winning in Turkey is a freakin' outrage! All those should be stricken from the record. :spank:

Regarding votes on polls, let's remember that anyone is free to vote however they want. There are no whips here :D

If someone does want a specific vote changing though, let me know the race and the vote you want it changing from and to and I'll see if I can edit the database.

Er, nobody voted for Button in Australia...

Think the problem may be that recent Chump poles have been by driver number but others were by finishing order.

I'll re-check all the numbers but before I do that I'll unlock all the Driver and Chump polls so everyone can vote/change their vote if they wish.

Give me 15 minutes or so to edit them all.

Has to be Vettel, after he had to pit and was a minute behind the leaders he came out the slowest car on the circuit - he must have received damage, I thought, nope - couldn't win from there, so it seems he was sulking...

Nice try from Fernando to get the award, another taking out of his teammate - no GP weekend can be complete without that, and ignoring the race officials, well, Alonso, Ferrari - what relevance do their whims have?

But Vettel, they may not have told Webber they were taking his wing, but I'll bet that they asked Vettel if he wanted it, so he stuffed his teammate relationship, tried to put his teammate into a wall and then sulked - Numpty!

Ha! What a 'fun' thread LOL . Nonetheless, it is very relevant.

Between drivers, I see it as a two-way fight between Alonso - who knows the rules and should have immediately returned the place he gained over Kubica - and Vettel, who made a mess of things at turn one (amongst several other things!).

However, the real 'chump' has to be Christian Horner! What a simply terrible bit of P.R. work he has done. First he chooses to give a new part to his preferred driver, justifying it with Championship standings; then he plays down its importance - so why did he bother changing it? But then he waffles and waffles to the press, and reinforces any suspicions by avoiding all eye-contact with Webber and then, when "Seb" appears, leaping over to him and greeting him like a long-lost friend with a great big and very warm hug, IN FRONT OF WEBBER AND ALL THE PRESS!

Has he got no idea that the people who might be watching, have brains? - What a chump…

Back to the driver: Alonso just edges it.

Back
Top Bottom