Football 2010-11 Football Season

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
With the success of the World Cup thread, I thought a football season thread could work for Clip the Apex now.

The first week of the Premier League has seen big wins for Chelsea, Blackpool (!), Man U and Villa. Spurs ventured into the Champions League and were nearly buried in Astroturf, 3-0 down after half an hour. And England ventured a better (but still poor) performance in the recent friendly with Hungary.

Anything that catches your attention from the sport can go here.

And in the proper league (where football is still actually played by men and not Hair models) Leeds are still to record their 1st league win but gave Lincoln a good 4-0 thrashing in the cup!

F1Yorkshire said:
And in the proper league (where football is still actually played by men and not Hair models) Leeds are still to record their 1st league win but gave Lincoln a good 4-0 thrashing in the cup!

I love this. And if Leeds were in the Premier League and playing Hair models, I presume you'd stop supporting them :snigger:

FB said:
Pompey beat STEVENAGE

HMRC was a more unexpected victory I have to say.

Well my Preston got hammered on saturday by Swansea and play FB's Pompey this weekend, should be fun LOL

teabagyokel said:
F1Yorkshire said:

I love this. And if Leeds were in the Premier League and playing Hair models, I presume you'd stop supporting them :snigger:

The last time I modelled my haircut on a footballer was the Vinny Jones 'V'. I would still have to support them even if they do start acting like prima donna's.

It is impossible for Leeds to act like prima donnas, when we played them in the play-offs that was proven.

Now that Coppell* has left Bristol City, things hopefully will be on the up here in BS3.

David James is staying and new boss Keith Millen has recruited Steve Wigley as his no.2. Just need the many injured players to get back to fitness, a few new players in on transfer and the right results should come...

* Steve Coppell walked out after two games! :rolleyes:
To quote a BCFC fan
Coppell Cider, bottled in Bristol. 0% strength, no more than 4 halves, then taxi home!

My Leicester had a poor start, loosing 3-2 to Palace (from 3 down), but got back to slightly better form at home, with a scoreless draw against Middlesborough. Played very well though. This is all with a new manager, and new Thai investors!!!

F1Yorkshire said:

I lived the last 9 years in Leeds, Yorkshire, and was good fun 2 seasons ago in League 1. Lots of banter. Just wait till next week when we beat you in the cup, and then the 19th Oct for a repeat performance :D

MajorDanby said:
I lived the last 9 years in Leeds, Yorkshire, and was good fun 2 seasons ago in League 1. Lots of banter. Just wait till next week when we beat you in the cup, and then the 19th Oct for a repeat performance :D

It won't be so easy, we're still after revenge after you went up and we didn't. It's always a tight game when we play so I'm only expecting us to beat you 2-1.

F1Yorkshire said:
It won't be so easy, we're still after revenge after you went up and we didn't. It's always a tight game when we play so I'm only expecting us to beat you 2-1.

Haha, true mate. I'm not expecting an easy game by any means. Hey, you have to be optimistic though :D

Mind you Danby, we sold Neil Collins to Leeds who is a terrible central defender and one of our worst and I still can't believe Leeds paid £600,000 for him, so might be easier for you ;) (and hopefully for us next month) :p

Leeds do have two weaknesses this season,

Defense and Attack

Apart from that we should do fine. It's going be strange been an average side in the league again after spending the last 3 seasons as title contenders.

F1Yorkshire said:
Leeds do have two weaknesses this season,

Defense and Attack

Apart from that we should do fine. It's going be strange been an average side in the league again after spending the last 3 seasons as title contenders.

Although Leeds were excellent, I don't think they were title contenders when they started the season on -15!

There does seem to be a lack of points deductions thus far; and the Luton fans rejoiced!

lol @ the two of you :)

It should be interesting for Leicester this season. Traditionally we have played the strong defensive game, especially with Nigel Pearson over the last few seasons. Paulo Sousa, however, has a completely different mindset. Something along the lines of, if they score 4, then we'll score 5. Will see how that goes. It will definitely take some getting used to.

Yorkshire, hopefully you boys will be able to carry through the momentum from the last two season like we did last year, an improve the squad at Christmas and the end of this season.

Where abouts did North End finish last season Sup? Like 17th, 18th? Keeping my fingers crossed for a stronger season for you (not at our expense of course :p)

Thanks Danby, have interesting memories of Preston v Leicester games, our keeper scoring from his penalty area, last season being the first team to win at your place in a long while, and then Gallagher scoring directly from a drop-ball at Deepdale, and no-one (including the ref) didnt know what to do.

teabagyokel said:
Although Leeds were excellent, I don't think they were title contenders when they started the season on -15!

There does seem to be a lack of points deductions thus far; and the Luton fans rejoiced!

Even with the -15 points we only narrowly missed out on automatic promotion and lost in the play-off final. Not a bad performance considering we were selling players faster than we could buy them.

I would agree with you; Leeds were excellent.

It is 10 years since Leeds beat TSV 1860 Munich in the Champions League qualifiers on a run to the semi-finals. It seems longer than that, doesn't it?

And 1860 Munich have been relegated since.

Leeds knocked Barcelona out in the First Group Stage and beat Milan! Time flies...

Time flies but Peter Ridsdale is still plying his trade and destroying other football clubs. I think it should be compulsory for him and David O'Leary to begin every media interview with "First, I would like to apologise for what I did to Leeds United Football Club" from now until the day they die, and I'm not even a Leeds fan.

Perhaps we should add to Ridsdale's list Barnsley and Cardiff as well?

I do feel sorry for Leeds fans, having finally got rid of Ridsdale who should step in but Ken "Cap'n Birdseye" Bates, the man with an eye for a bargain and an appetite for trying to flout League rules. At least the club is going in the right direction now, even with Bates still there.

Back
Top Bottom