Who might replace Massa and where might he go?

Speshal

To buy Jenson out of his contract i would think would take about £20m from Ferrari who are not as willing to throw money around like before BUT anything can happen in F1

If Luca wants his man he will do it

Ferrari want the WCC as much as the next man, at the moment they seem to be happy to 'possibly' settle for the WDC!

Ah yes Jen, you have misunderstood me there. We all know on here that the WDC is secondary to the WCC. I'm just reiterating my point that Massa has not even been good enough to back up Alonso to provide the points needed to win the Constructors' :)

Reading the F1 debrief in the Metro this morning, the columnist suggested Kovalinen.

I think he could be an ideal candidate, he's a proven number 2 driver when he supported Hamilton and has the pace to win when needed.

He has a wise head and would he really pass up the opportunity to compete in a race winning car again?

Kovalainen would be the wrong choice IMHO, i think he's proved he's capable of leading a team. It wouldn't surprise me if he stays with Caterham next season and they make a big push for next year. I mean I think they'll be better than Toro Rosso and might even scare some of the other established teams.

It's funny but I was thinking about where Kovi may end up if he left Caterham and before I'd even read this part of the thread I thought a swap with Massa for next season wouldn't be as far fetched as it sounds.

I think Kovi's a sound choice, he's good but not a rock star, so shouldn't be a conflict with Alonso, and good enough to pick up some silver if the car's performing.

So far this year, the following drivers have been mentioned as possibke replacement for Massa:

Hulkenberg,
Di Resta,
Bianchi,
Raikkonen

However if rumors that Alonso is talking to Red Bull are true, I doubt Ferrari will let Massa go. You don't let your two drivers go (see 1992)

Back
Top Bottom