Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

He might call the tune, but the piper often plays his rendition and in the days of not being able to adjust software remotely as in days of yore, he who pays listens to the pipers tune.:whistle:LOL

Mercedes may suspend Lewis Hamilton for flouting team instructions

If it is true Mercedes's rulers is big hypocrites.
It will be very interesting if Hamilton break the contract.
There is a lot of excitement in the driver market and new challenges for Hamilton.

May, might, just a journalistic comment on Toto Wolff's long laborious avoidance of a question he didn't want to answer, I suspect in law MB would have no leg to stand on, it would be a very strange contract if it had a team order clause, perhaps it originally did and that was why it took so long to sign

An employee has ignored an instruction from his bosses, and is now in a position where disciplinary action could be taken against them. Whether there's been any contractual breach is unknown.

Mercedes ay feel they have to do something. Watching Paddy Lowe's face on the pit wall after he had been ignored by Hamilton was great TV, but awful for him and Toto. If they do nothing they look weak. That still might be a better alternative to disciplining him.

The season's over, the job's been done. Merc have hired Hammy to win races, which he does. I think they should take the pain and look weak – for now. If they need to use it against him as leverage in the future they can.

They should have played it down and said had Lewis been wrong he would have questions to answer but it's not an issue now. By trying not to look weak they've created the storm themselves.

I think Hamilton's 'read my book' comment and general attitude is wearing thin and creating negative publicity for the management. He's not got the current WDC hook now either.

Does anyone know what he was getting at with the change in pit crew for this year? That was one of his "it'll be in my book" comments.

I think he's insinuating that however much the bosses say it ain't so, there's a pro-German bias in the team. Maybe also that his pit crew were better than Nico's, which was 'addressed' without his knowledge or input.

The team employs drivers who will get the best outcome for the team.

He who pays the piper calls the tune.
You repeatedly refer to the drivers being employees of the team but I suspect the lengthy protracted contracts that they enter into bear no resemblance to the type of contracts you or I have ever signed. Despite myself having been a contractor and self employed I doubt that a Fernando Alonso or Sebastian Vettel would ever sign up to the restrictions and limitations I have.

The idea that a racing driver is an employee first and a sportsman second is quite frankly absurd.

The team told their drivers they could race, Nico Rosberg had to endure the toughest and most unbearable race in his career, all in I think Lewis did Nico, the team and F1 great service. Even Mercedes erroneous feeble attempt to impose team orders seems to have worked in favour of team and F1. Had Nico strolled to victory every one would be talking about Verstappen RBR, Vettel and Ferrari. Thinking back to Brazil I am very hard pressed to recall seeing a Mercedes on track!

Did Lewis have the same pit crew the past two seasons? If so, wouldn't that rubbish the claim of a pro-German bias?

The simple fact is that Lewis owes his latest two WDCs to Mercedes far more than the latter owe their WCCs to him.

It's a symbiotic relationship, racing drivers are quite useful when it comes to developing race teams.

It could be that Ferrari are only just now feeling the effects of losing Fernando Alonso.

Last edited:
The "pit crew", those which change the tyres at the pit stops, are the same for both but, as Keke says, the crew on either side of the garage were swapped around. Was the Chief Engineer changed as well?

I think he's insinuating that however much the bosses say it ain't so, there's a pro-German bias in the team. Maybe also that his pit crew were better than Nico's, which was 'addressed' without his knowledge or input.
If they were, then maybe he became champion because of his pitcrew the last two years, and not because he was better? It would be only fair then to swap thema round.

Dario Resta You fail to see my point whether it was Schumacher , Senna or Alonso they all would have done exactly the same thing in the circumstances well the former two would take the other driver out

I used Schumacher as an example because everyone would laud him for being so aware of everything happening around him . He has done in the past where he has allowed his teammate past to get extra points in races .

BUT its also a good business for Mercedes bosses that they have a German world champion in a German car. Just look at who they have hired since they've comeback in F1 as a team

Disappearing into the distance like you said which Lewis should have done would have only got 1 result 1-2 for Mercedes which he knew would not be enough so what was the point

There is no rule within the F1 regulations that states you must win at the fastest speed possible other than you must first across the chequered flag and show unsportsmanlike and dangerous driving ... none was that evident yesterday

So are people saying it is okay to use your teammate to back up the pack as a rear gunner against your championship rival but it is not acceptable if you are doing it to your teammate who is your championship rival :whistle:?

Last edited:
Lewis being suspended by Mercedes or even sacked as some have suggested would be the biggest PR disaster and sends out the wrong message about driving and trying to win the world title

Considering how much exposure from a business point of view that Mercedes have got and probably increased road car sales
because of Lewis Hamilton then the threat sounds daft given he is still one of the most coveted drivers on the current grid

Mercedes would rather have them winning races for them than winning races against them

Let's take perspective, this has only been reported by the Daily Mirror and Mail. Almost certainly means it's completely fabricated.

Big story about nothing I think. Two drivers fighting for the title Lewis took the only option open to him, win at the slowest speed possible and hope that created a problem for Nico. It's a perfectly valid tactic, the only complication is both drivers are competing for the same team. I think the pit wall should have stayed silent, the constructors championship was wrapped up and they should have trusted Hamilton to protect the win.

Back
Top Bottom