McLaren Duet 2015

Who will be to drive McLaren 2015? (choose the duet)

• Alonso

Votes: 32 94.1%
  • Button

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • Magnussen

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Vandoorne

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • other

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
I think it would be wonderful if Button, Alonso and Magnussen decided that they didn't want the the Ron Dennis agro anymore, and left.
Just moved on to pastures new. I would be sad to see them go, but I would be delighted to see Ron Dennis go T..ts up.

All those quoting Button's age:

Alonso: Born: July 29, 1981 (Age 33)
Button: Born January 19 1980 (Age 34)

If Button's age is a factor, then so should Alonso's.

Raikkonen: Born October 19, 1979 (Age 35).....
Damon Hill won the WDC aged 36 so what the **** has his age got to do with it? I was at my physical peek in my late 30's and I was ****ing awesome man....

I would say that Jenson's physical fitness surpasses most on the the grid, including Alonso's and Hamilton's, you don't get to do triathlons and iron man events without being mega fit..

Last edited:
Now I'm reading Ron has the final say on the driver line up :bangfists::bangfists::givemestrength:>:(:facepalm:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/30338721 and there are in no hurry having "a clinical and emotionless analysis of what the options are "

You know Ron is trying to prove K Mag is the real deal but there are not many convincing cases to prove it so far unless he tries to use rookie mistakes as the excuse and there is untapped potential

Clearly if there is no title sponsor who will come up with the money to pay Button it is going to be K Mag unless Button takes a pay cut

Ron is stalling so Button has to quit which will make it an easier decision for him ... I wonder if Jenson will bother turning up for the Christmas party this season " bah humbug"

Last edited:
It's simple Ron Dennis does not want JB on the team. The team want JB on the team. Stalemate.
Unless Ron resigns.

Looking at Il_leone's 1st link, there are 5 good reasons for Button to stay and 5 kind of alright reasons for Magnussen to stay.
It's worth taking a risk on a new unexperienced driver when you have an established car and main driver.

McLaren have had Mercedes engines for quite a long time now, new engines combined with a relatively new driver line up will cause a lot of headaches. They need some stability in the team.

Titch Its obvious the money issue will be the deal breaker ... Ron is stalling to the point Jenson has to give up or offer a significant pay cut which no doubt Jenson will be insulted and refused

The other shareholders are at loggerheads with Ron and don't have a convincing case for Magnussen according to the stats

Jen its Ron Dennis ' ego he has got to show he is the man in charge at Mclaren and lead them back to their glory days

RasputinLives No I'm not on the Mclaren board I should think there would be some interesting conversations between considering Ron regain control by a coup whilst Mansour Oijeh was off sick because Mclaren needed a strong leader and Whitmarsh is to blame for Mclaren's gradual decline namely losing Merc engines partnership and Hamilton

I never thought Ron was serious about asking Lego to sponsor Mclaren seeing the brand does not fit the teams image and making comments about missed opportunity with a Danish driver in F1

The noises are getting louder about Mclaren's disgraceful treatment of Button
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/30346965

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/mo...nd-Ron-Dennis-is-bordering-on-a-disgrace.html

A kind word to Button just to say " Thank you for the years of service but you are not part of our future plans would be straight to the point rather than this ridiculous situation

Ron's ego is destroying all the optimism with Honda on board

Button has behaved with class , Mclaren an organisation that prides itself on professionalism and perfection have not. The other day Button was asked to do sponsorship duties still with K Mag ..do either of them want to do their job if they are not sure about their futures?

Last edited:
Purely in terms of a British fan base (i know McLaren are a global brand), with a British driver now carrying the number one of his car next year and with Williams showing a greater level of form than they have done for years this is not the right time for McLaren to kill off it's home support.

It won't effect their global brand status though.

Eric Boullier has stated they won't be rushed. This is a new interpretation of the word rushed isn't it. I wonder how McLaren would feel in the future if their drivers decided they were racing elsewhere so late in the season the team were left with a couple of tail-end Charlie's to drive their cars. That's about all they deserve right now. What's happening now smacks of the arrogance we often see in F1, yes the team matters but so do the drivers and they deserve some respect. This is about all I've come to expect from Ron Dennis. >:(

If you 've got HOnda on board starting a new partnership . Would you not want to sort out your line up so both sides know what they want and start building a working relationship:facepalm: Meanwhile all the other teams with confirmed line ups are already gearing for next season even Force India who usually announce their line ups late:bangfists::givemestrength:>:(:spank:

So Mclaren are only shooting themselves in the foot and losing valuable time against the opposition namely Mercedes, Williams and Red Bull

This after the initial test with Honda engines was a disaster because the car only managed 5 installation laps

Perhaps Jenson is a problem as he must know some Japanese, very secretive they are where their skills and knowledge can be questioned:shocked::shocked:

Back
Top Bottom