Grand Prix 2023 Mexican Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Even though this is probably Sergio Perez's last F1 race in Mexico I don't believe that either Red Bull or Max Verstappen will make any special effort to help him win the race. So instead of some boring preview of the inevitable Max and Red Bull pole to lights win here's a children's story, or Primer as I think it is called in the US.

Here is Max
Max likes to drive
He drives very fast
See Max drive
Drive Max drive

Max once lost
He was sad
GP tried to make Max happy
Max swore at GP
The TV sound went Beep Beep Beep

Max is a World Champion
He has won three world championships
Nelson Piquet has won three world championships
He is racist and homophobic
Do you know what this is?
Ask your mummy and daddy

Red Bull build the car max drives
The car is very fast
Sergio also drives the Red Bull Car
He is not very fast
Poor Sergio

Sergio's daddy goes to many races
He thinks Sergio is better than Max
He is delusional
Do you know what that means?
Ask your Mummy and Daddy

So children, when you make decisions about your life try not to be like Nelson, or Sergio's Daddy.
And if you don't win, try to be a grown up and not swear at the person who is helping you.

Here's the timing on Sky in the UK, enjoy.

1698310241782.png

Last edited:
I think everyone should be allowed to change tires during the stoppage time. Would eliminate some of the BS that gave Vedstappen his stolen championship.
Currently, everyone is allowed to change tyres - and they get a free change (And free repairs). i’m not sure why you’re trying to bring 2021 back into it though - there was no red flag in Abu Dhabi in 2021

The sorry state of F1 in all it’s toxic glory.

People drinking beer all day in searing heat have fight shocker. The booing of Charles le Clerc was pathetic.

It really was a dreadful race, lots of incident but no excitement. I nearly fell off my chair when Croft was bigging up the "battle" between Bottas and Stroll "It's only over 15th, but you would think they were fighting for a podium place". My god, how far this sport has fallen.

i think perez is sort of driver who needs a break the pressure did get to him & i would hindsight the beginnings of it was spa just before the summer break as his racecraft has deserted him i think more through desperation than incompetence (i hope) because i know he is talented we've seen it since 2011? he won from last in sakhir you dont lose that

but he's ended up in catch 22 he so desperate to impress or not lose any positions. that desperation has ended up digging himself even deeper. Spa, Qatar Japan, Mexico

i think perez is sort of driver who needs a break the pressure did get to him & i would hindsight the beginnings of it was spa just before the summer break as his racecraft has deserted him i think more through desperation than incompetence (i hope) because i know he is talented we've seen it since 2011? he won from last in sakhir you dont lose that

but he's ended up in catch 22 he so desperate to impress or not lose any positions. that desperation has ended up digging himself even deeper. Spa, Qatar Japan, Mexico
Don't disagree reading every week your job is on the line

He can't catch a break about Austin where Hamilton's DQ abated some of the colossal pressure

All that fuss about getting rid of those penalties in Suzuka has been fruitless

So what are drivers expected to do now?

-You are not allowed to create a gap to the car in front during the out lap.
-You are not allowed to create a gap to the car in front in the pit lane.

So, if you pull out of the pit box for a qualifying lap, and another cars pulls out in front of you, you are just screwed?

So what are drivers expected to do now?

-You are not allowed to create a gap to the car in front during the out lap.
-You are not allowed to create a gap to the car in front in the pit lane.

So, if you pull out of the pit box for a qualifying lap, and another cars pulls out in front of you, you are just screwed?
i think this issues comes down that all cars want to be on the track at the same time & me the last car over the line. italy 2019? was the extreme of that. but you cant have your cake & eat it, you cant leave it to the last minute & also complain about blocking when your part of 18 cars all in the final sector

You are allowed to create a gap to the car in front during the out lap. just not allowed to back up in the final sector & cause a traffic jam. they've got plan differently

You know what someone is going to be hit in the back because of all this farce then block the whole pitlane

In most cases if the light is green you should be going and not holding traffic up

If only each car had a car horn because I am sure they all will be sounding it loud to Verstappen in a display of road rage madness and he would be giving them 2 fingers

You are allowed to create a gap to the car in front during the out lap. just not allowed to back up in the final sector & cause a traffic jam. they've got plan differently

There is a maximum delta time in place (counted from the safty car line), so you not really able to create a gap on the out lap if the car in front is close to the maximum. As we just saw, the only place left to make a gap is between the pit exit and the safety car line. Not sure this is the solution.

My suggestion would be to force the drivers to have a gap of (at least) X (5-10?) seconds when leaving the pits by have the light go red for a bit after each car leaves. (and have the light go red altogehter if there is less than the maximum delta left on the clock. And yes this means the teams will have to make sure they are inline earlier enough to make it.

Currently, everyone is allowed to change tyres - and they get a free change (And free repairs). i’m not sure why you’re trying to bring 2021 back into it though - there was no red flag in Abu Dhabi in 2021
I forgot the details of how F1 works. Haven’t watched the sport since Abu Dhabi 2021

Back
Top Bottom