Grand Prix 2023 Mexican Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Even though this is probably Sergio Perez's last F1 race in Mexico I don't believe that either Red Bull or Max Verstappen will make any special effort to help him win the race. So instead of some boring preview of the inevitable Max and Red Bull pole to lights win here's a children's story, or Primer as I think it is called in the US.

Here is Max
Max likes to drive
He drives very fast
See Max drive
Drive Max drive

Max once lost
He was sad
GP tried to make Max happy
Max swore at GP
The TV sound went Beep Beep Beep

Max is a World Champion
He has won three world championships
Nelson Piquet has won three world championships
He is racist and homophobic
Do you know what this is?
Ask your mummy and daddy

Red Bull build the car max drives
The car is very fast
Sergio also drives the Red Bull Car
He is not very fast
Poor Sergio

Sergio's daddy goes to many races
He thinks Sergio is better than Max
He is delusional
Do you know what that means?
Ask your Mummy and Daddy

So children, when you make decisions about your life try not to be like Nelson, or Sergio's Daddy.
And if you don't win, try to be a grown up and not swear at the person who is helping you.

Here's the timing on Sky in the UK, enjoy.

1698310241782.png

Last edited:
its not even funny anymore, at how bad perez was. i was fuming, crofty was saying "youve got to feel sorry for him" i will when he stops driving like an idiot

just like qatar he got to stop putting himself in these situations, what on earth did he think was going to happen. trying to go 3 a Brest & around the outside of the 1st corner on lap 1. it was always going to be doomed to failure.

i want to see the debrief where Perez explains, how he thought he was going to pull that overtake off & how did he think Leclerc was going to disappear into the thin air

1698611230023.png

Last edited:
Just two interesting events so far in the race, Perez crashing and Magnusson crashing. What a terrible race track.
It has been since it returned the stadium section took away the Peralta challenge

KMag crashing means it could be a straight race to the flag if they swap onto the tyres they want

Leclerc can correct his wing and Verstappen 's free stop is negated

Last edited:
Just two interesting events so far in the race, Perez crashing and Magnusson crashing. What a terrible race track.
the tyres i think are huge contributing factor. because the teams would rather go slowly & boring. than 2 stop. i think this as a flat out 2 stopper would be much better

didnt get leclerc radio message. "hard will be a big mess" but i dont see how you finish the race doing 35 laps on any other tyre without a pitstop.

I wonder what the mood is like at Aston ?
Mclaren- Lando great recovery if only he did not mess up quali

Looking forward to Brazil given the track nature

As an outsider looking in, i.e. someone who hasn't watched an F1 race in over 7 years, the interaction between the fans and F1 is like an abusive relationship.

The fans are always prepared to give F1 just one more chance and F1 still comes home drunk every Saturday and ****s them up.

Rinse and repeat.

It has been since it returned the stadium section took away the Peralta challenge

KMag crashing means it could be a straight race to the flag if they swap onto the tyres they want

Leclerc can correct his wing and Verstappen 's free stop is negated
Once again, I’m left fuming that tyre changes and repairs can be made under a red flag. Verstappen and Norris were screwed over by the red flag (and I don‘t understand why it always takes so long to realise that they’re going to need A red flag… the barrier was knackered, and needed significant work)

I wonder what the mood is like at Aston ?
i know if you'd give them 5th in the constructors in Saudi. they would have been furious but now they are hanging on to it. for me they obviously took inspiration. but its seems if you dont understand why the car is quick then how do you improve upon it

interesting on perez 2nd place is now back wide open again & if im correct hamilton if not for the disqualification. hamilton would be 2pts ahead of perez in the championship now

interesting on perez 2nd place is now back wide open again & if im correct hamilton if not for the disqualification. hamilton would be 2pts ahead of perez in the championship now
We’ve not got through scrutineering today yet… given how low cars were running on the main straight, and the amount of clipping of the kerbs, it wouldn’t surprise me to see a few cars thrown out…

if the stewards Bother looking at the floor/plank of any cars that is…

2pts behind but the state of Perez he is in a downward spiral I don't see him finishing 2nd

2pts behind but the state of Perez he is in a downward spiral I don't see him finishing 2nd
yeah 20pts now with 3 races to go, if mercedes are as good at brazil at last yr you could be talk single figures next Sunday. if we thought he wasnt the same since miami. then today broke him, as it rare to see a driver so emotional after a race. because of his honesty i did feel for him on lap 35 which i didnt on lap 1. he knows he should taken 3rd & backed off. maybe next week is a good thing. as 2 weeks & he is stewing on this only going to get worse. i wonder if perez retires & lawson gets the seat after all

we will never know what couldve happen. i have a conspiracy theory that perez backs off takes 3rd as the race goes on he gets 2nd. & he 1 stops. verstappen 2 stops but he just can't get past. perez wins his home race

Once again, I’m left fuming that tyre changes and repairs can be made under a red flag. Verstappen and Norris were screwed over by the red flag (and I don‘t understand why it always takes so long to realise that they’re going to need A red flag… the barrier was knackered, and needed significant work)

I think everyone should be allowed to change tires during the stoppage time. Would eliminate some of the BS that gave Vedstappen his stolen championship.

yeah 20pts now with 3 races to go, if mercedes are as good at brazil at last yr you could be talk single figures next Sunday. if we thought he wasnt the same since miami. then today broke him, as it rare to see a driver so emotional after a race. because of his honesty i did feel for him on lap 35 which i didnt on lap 1. he knows he should taken 3rd & backed off. maybe next week is a good thing. as 2 weeks & he is stewing on this only going to get worse. i wonder if perez retires & lawson gets the seat after all

we will never know what couldve happen. i have a conspiracy theory that perez backs off takes 3rd as the race goes on he gets 2nd. & he 1 stops. verstappen 2 stops but he just can't get past. perez wins his home race
I stand corrected Hamilton would have been 2nd due to Perez being 5th I think if the dq did not happen.

1 stop race did not look on due to the tyres

Back
Top Bottom