McLaren Duet 2015

Who will be to drive McLaren 2015? (choose the duet)

• Alonso

Votes: 32 94.1%
  • Button

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • Magnussen

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Vandoorne

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • other

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
Maybe McLaren going to hold a Secret Santa thingymajig, where one prezzie is "a drive for 2015" and the other is "a fabulous Ron Dennis shaped soap-on-a-rope".

Two envelopes containing a card labelling a prize are placed in a Santa Sack. Choose one and that 'prize' is yours...

... Who's gonna get the soap-on-a-rope..? :unsure:

teabagyokel I don't know! You're asking too many questions of me. :ermmm:

If Vandoorne has been invited, perhaps there's a third envelope.

The third envelope could be "The Martin Whitmarsh furry dice" prezzie. If chosen, don't be despondent. It could be viewed as a kind of long service award... Depending on how long you've been with the company of course. Otherwise, it's just a losers pendant.

C'est la vie, I suppose... :dunno:

Surely a better letter would have been

Dear Ron

My friends and I have been holding talks on whether to tell you to go screw yourself or go **** yourself. I have to say I favor go **** yourself but it's down to the vote. We have voted you're not fit to lead Mclaren.

From 1st January 2015 Ross Brawn will be team principal. You will relinquish all your controlling stake and any other intellectual property rights that is registered to Mclaren

Have a good Christmas

Yours sincerely Ojjeh and the Bahraini group

Dear Ron,
We, your Bahraini bankrollers, are very busy suppressing and torturing when we're at home and pissing it up while buying most of London when we're not at home. Considering that we couldn't give a **** about anything or anything but ourselves pleae go ahead and do what the **** you like - as long as everyone else's governments are shit scared of us we'll keep on keepin' on.
P.S. **** you all, we're ****ing minted.

Yours,
The Boss of Bahrain.

Anyone tried twittering these "friendly" letters to Mclaren although Ron may get the police onto you for sending abusive tweets to him

http://www.espn.co.uk/f1/motorsport/story/186997.html

Now Stirling has his say as well

Mclaren height and weight of drivers

Button 1.82m and 72kg
Alonso 1.71m and 68kg
Magnussen 1.74m and 68kg

Why I put this because
i) They will have to accommodate Button's extra height when it comes to the cockpit design as well
ii) Less ballast to play with for Jenson who cannot lose any more kilos without affecting his health

Are they planning to squash Jenson or use he does not fit the car as another excuse? The longer this drags on?

It is interesting and I'm sure there's more to this than just deciding between Jensen, Kevin and Stoffel. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Alonso's appointment hasn't been finalised and is possibly facing difficulty.

If Alonso is waiting for Hamilton's future to be decided before he puts pen to anyone's paper he could be in for a long wait.

As I understand it (and I know contracts these days aren't worth a hill of beans as I have been reminded by so many of my fellow apex clippers in the past) Hamilton has one year left on his deal.

Mercedes are either in talks or about to enter talks on an extension so we can assume that Mercedes want their man to stay.

So, why would Hamilton consider leaving Mercedes now? One things for sure, the car will still be if not alone as the fastest by next season then certainly one of the fastest. He's got a team mate who can push him hard and yet he can still beat relatively comfortably on most Sundays and he's currently in a good place with his personal life both inside and outside of the team.

He's never really struck me as a money first type of bloke though of course, he's one of the sports biggest earners but that comes his way for a number of reasons, none the least now being a double world champion. Mercedes aren't short of a Euro or two so I'm sure that financial terms are not going to be factor.

So, when it boils down to it, I guess it all hinges on what Hamilton wants to do in the future. Does he want the seat at Ferrari that will surely open up at the end of next season? Will they want him? Will there be any other top spots open? It seems reasonable to suggest that his old seat at McLaren may be available for 2016.

I just can't see the gamble that not signing now and holding out for a year with all the surrounding speculation will bring so I would expect Hamilton to sign at least a 1 year extension with a mutual option for 1 more or something along those lines.

So, unless Alonso is hoping to fill Rosbergs seat and take on his old McLaren team mate all over again, I can't see him moving to Mercedes at all.

Alonso isn't waiting for a seat at Mercedes, he's signed with McLaren for close to $40 million. So much unfounded conjecture.

Kewee your post is conjecture since nothing has been announced yet, and as for the size of a drivers salary nobody knows that except for the team the drivers agent and the driver himself, and so spouting figures like $40 million is at best just hear say...

The announcement has been made by virtually everybody in the sport except McLaren, it has even been announced by the King of Spain after talking with Alonso and was then confirmed by Alonso himself. The only reason McLaren haven't confirmed his signing is that traditionally they and many other teams announce their driver pairings at the same time rather than confirming one driver then make a another announcement at a later date. So in answer to you Mephistopheles I don't consider it conjecture when Alonso has confirmed his move back to McLaren. That's horses mouth stuff Meph, otherwise know as Mr Ed syndrome. LOL
Ps. His salary was announced by most major reputable motorsport publications.

Last edited:
Kewee

Don't you get fed up of constantly having to be right?

1. All of the reputable publications have stated the contract is "believed to be the biggest in f1 history" and "believed to be in the region of $40million
  2. Many teams announce individual drivers once they sign. In fact it is the norm for teams to announce top level drivers when they've signed.
  3. We don't know what Alonso actually said to the king of Spain. It might be that he had signed a (pre-contract) agreement to sign for McLaren, subject to performance clauses.
  4. Until something is officially announced, and until we see Alonso pictured at Woking in a McLaren uniform, nothing is confirmed.

Back
Top Bottom