Grand Prix 2023 Mexican Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Even though this is probably Sergio Perez's last F1 race in Mexico I don't believe that either Red Bull or Max Verstappen will make any special effort to help him win the race. So instead of some boring preview of the inevitable Max and Red Bull pole to lights win here's a children's story, or Primer as I think it is called in the US.

Here is Max
Max likes to drive
He drives very fast
See Max drive
Drive Max drive

Max once lost
He was sad
GP tried to make Max happy
Max swore at GP
The TV sound went Beep Beep Beep

Max is a World Champion
He has won three world championships
Nelson Piquet has won three world championships
He is racist and homophobic
Do you know what this is?
Ask your mummy and daddy

Red Bull build the car max drives
The car is very fast
Sergio also drives the Red Bull Car
He is not very fast
Poor Sergio

Sergio's daddy goes to many races
He thinks Sergio is better than Max
He is delusional
Do you know what that means?
Ask your Mummy and Daddy

So children, when you make decisions about your life try not to be like Nelson, or Sergio's Daddy.
And if you don't win, try to be a grown up and not swear at the person who is helping you.

Here's the timing on Sky in the UK, enjoy.

1698310241782.png

Last edited:
as much as i dont like him, this is wrong. does make you wonder what on earth is going on in mexico. what have the mexican martin brundles been saying. because perez has got himself into this mess. in 1 of the best cars ever built to fail to make Q2 8 times is criminal & the fact he needed a Lewis hamilton DSQ to get 2nd in the championship

but some say that they are still upset about brazil 2022 & not giving up 6th which as bad as it was. come on it cant be that, its been 12 months since that minor event happened. Helmut marko has said far worse things over the last 3 months, but he is getting off scot free

im not surprised oliver bearman is impressing in Practise 1. he has had a brilliant rookie season in F2 & at only 18. i thought coming into the F2 season that he looks like the next british superstar. which we've never had such rich vein of talent. if I was to guess i would say he could be 2025 F1 grid if as expected he wins the F2 championship next year

although he wasnt born when alonso won the infamous (but only in the uk) imola 2005
Alonso-Renault-M.Schumacher-Ferrari-San-Marino-GP-Imola-F1-2005-finish-linebridgestone.jpg

Last edited:
Even though this is probably Sergio Perez's last F1 race in Mexico I don't believe that either Red Bull or Max Verstappen will make any special effort to help him win the race. So instead of some boring preview of the inevitable Max and Red Bull pole to lights win here's a children's story, or Primer as I think it is called in the US.

Here is Max
Max likes to drive
He drives very fast
See Max drive
Drive Max drive

Max once lost
He was sad
GP tried to make Max happy
Max swore at GP
The TV sound went Beep Beep Beep

Max is a World Champion
He has won three world championships
Nelson Piquet has won three world championships
He is racist and homophobic
Do you know what this is?
Ask your mummy and daddy

Red Bull build the car max drives
The car is very fast
Sergio also drives the Red Bull Car
He is not very fast
Poor Sergio

Sergio's daddy goes to many races
He thinks Sergio is better than Max
He is delusional
Do you know what that means?
Ask your Mummy and Daddy

So children, when you make decisions about your life try not to be like Nelson, or Sergio's Daddy.
And if you don't win, try to be a grown up and not swear at the person who is helpi

Was this meant to be a rap? or a song ?

as much as i dont like him, this is wrong. does make you wonder what on earth is going on in mexico. what have the mexican martin brundles been saying. because perez has got himself into this mess. in 1 of the best cars ever built to fail to make Q2 8 times is criminal & the fact he needed a Lewis hamilton DSQ to get 2nd in the championship

but some say that they are still upset about brazil 2022 & not giving up 6th which as bad as it was. come on it cant be that, its been 12 months since that minor event happened. Helmut marko has said far worse things over the last 3 months, but he is getting off scot free

Exactly there are some nasty Mexican gangs around and they are targeting the wrong person ( or Helmut made them target the wrong person)

Whilst not all cars are running the same programmes, the surprise from FP2 is that the McLaren of Norris seemed to have the fastest long run pace... Hopefully, they will be able to make a race of it tomorrow.

at work so havent seen FP3, whats the deal with albon could he seriously be a threat. as he was 3rd FP1 4th FP2 2nd FP3 & 4th in the long runs

Lando norris rare to see him crack under the pressure, due to things out of his control. he had 1 shot to set a decent time & he made a big mistake

if Verstappen & Russell arent penalised ill be shocked. you cant be blocking in the pit lane & we need to put a stop to this ridiculous scenario that is creeping in. although at this rate Russell starting from the peratalta as i think he's investigated for blocking in the pit lane, overtaking under yellows & not adhering to the maximum delta time. if i heard the commentary correct

And F1Brits_90, not a single driver was penalised…. I really don’t get the stewards…

Verstappen and Russell should both have had a penalty…. I also think Alonso should have been penalised in some way for causing the yellow flag - but yet again, a driver benefits from making a mistake.

And @F1Brits_90, not a single driver was penalised…. I really don’t get the stewards…
i was furious at that, what are the stewards playing at. theyve basically just told everyone thats acceptable. makes singapore even worse.

Singapore - yeah we're sorry thats our mistake thats not acceptable & in hindsight we should penalised it
Mexico - ermmm, i know what we said about singapore. turns out we dont have a clue

Verstappen, Russell & Gasly shouldve all been given 5 place grid penalties to put a stop to this ridiculous scenario, i cant believe that this is deems acceptable

temp 6.jpg

on the nice bit, how lovely it is to see the old 2019 Daniel Riccardo back 4th on grid. business is business so he had to go from mclaren, but it did break my heart to see it happen.

clever strategy from Norris get the softs out of the way & try to get in clean air then going on the hards, instead of getting stuck in traffic trying to go long on hards

Back
Top Bottom