Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

McLaren is what McLaren is right now ... remember this is the last year with Merc power ... the first year (or is it the second) just as a 'customer' package too ...

It shouldn't surprise anyone one jot that as the car gets developed the quantity and quality of feedback that Button gives when compared to Conan should be greater ... and that the car would tilt towards being Button-esque package more so than a Conan package ...

That said, JB is having a real good crack at it this year with the machinery they have got ... and his Canada GP exploits were rewarded with a cheeky two for one pass to snag 4th place ...

But isn't it strange how almost none of us got excited by his fourth place. I remember a time when I would have been leaping for joy. Now I almost shrugged my shoulders and said .. just a flash in the pan...

Why whenever I hear 'most overtakes' do I instantly think 'crap qualifying' or 'bad start'?

I thought Button's 4th place was exciting too but then I also don't think KMag has been doing a bad job either. Ge's keeping JB more honest than Perez did IMHO.

I was amazed at his fourth place because about 2 minutes before I thought he was going to finish 8th and then the accident I thought oh he will be 6th then and suddenly he was fourth so yes I enjoyed that, bloody awful direction of the race if you ask me when the director fails to see the overtakes that are going on, I mean that one happened a lap before the accident so there is no excuse for it in my opinion I can't have been the only one who thought how did he finish fourth and then wonder if he overtook under a yellow flags or something...

A very fortunate fourth place, with Alonso foolishly gifting him the pass on himself and Hulkenberg. Bottas had an ailing car and then Massa and Perez gave him another two places. Normally this would be a 9th place.

Fair play to Button though, he put himself in the position to profit from others.

Considering how much faster he was than Alonso and Hulk at that stage of the race, after all he made up more than 10 seconds on the pair in the closing stages I would say that he would have taken both of them regardless of Alonso's mistake and so would have given him a net 6th place at most maybe 7th at worst but I'll take the fourth place gladly...

Last edited:
I didn't know about no bee sting, but then it's hardly a talking point unless he got stung during the race I'd classify that as non newsworthy, Button fans don't usually bother with trivialities such as that.

Edit.

Of course if the the bee that stung him was his pet bee given to him by his girlfriend then that would be a whole different kettle of fish..;)

Last edited:
By the way the first I heard of it was watching the Graham Norton show, he and Samuel L Jackson were suitably unimpressed with his excuse!

And so he should with him being a workd champion and at the top of his game. Well done KMag for keeping pace with one of the best.

Back
Top Bottom