Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

If JB plans on continuing to drive in F1 for a few more years I imagine he must be seriously re-thinking his decision to see out his racing career with McLaren.

I don't believe he will stay at McLaren, who would want to based on their performance over the last couple of seasons? And they are certainly not in a position to attract any other top notch drivers and if they have to rely on rookies then they are doomed to the fate that Williams have been in over the last 15 years or so.

And let's not forget that Hamilton stated emphatically that he would spend his entire career at McLaren and that didn't work out did it..?

Last edited:
I don't see him ending up at Mercedes, Red Bull or Ferrari so McLaren is absolutely his best option, probably the last team in his career that he'll have a chance of winning races with.

I don't see him ending up at Mercedes, Red Bull or Ferrari so McLaren is absolutely his best option, probably the last team in his career that he'll have a chance of winning races with.

I agree with you Mercedes - a definite NO his age and not marketable to them by either nationality or superstar appeal plus they did not have faith in him first time round so I don't see them changing their minds when they have a stack of drivers - Bottas, Hulkenberg and Di Resta ahead of him in the cue

Red Bull - no chance unless they fire Helmut and Vettel is gone as well

However I believe Alonso is showing signs of equal frustration at Ferrari so a swap between Button and Alonso is a viable option

- Alonso may not like Ron but I think Fernando has to take the offer with no doubt pressure from Honda who will not to be winning straight away and therefore want Nando as No 1 at Mclaren

- Button would jump at the chance at Ferrari - I see Luca wanting at least 1 experienced driver in his team and Kimi needs to step up a bit more to keep his seat for 2015

------------

as for his comments about lack of experience in Magnussen junior - its unfair to compare to Hamilton for a start in 2007-- the regulations have changed a lot and certainly lack of testing now really hurts rookies

there is truth in that as Ron very rarely picks rookies for his team .

Button has beaten Magnussen in the last 4 races so he has not done anything wrong there and remember everyone was saying Kevin was better than LEwis so that should be noted

A team with the resources of Mclaren should be able to find out what the car issue is and solve it . Bouiller came out saying the upgrades worked but so did everyone else upgrades:whistle:because they still finished ahead of Mclaren

Il_leone What do you mean they did not have faith in him first time round? When Brawn became Merc they tried their best to keep him and called him a traitor for leaving to go to McLaren okay they didn't use the word traitor but that is what they meant and Button is extremely marketable especially in Japan and England which are highly sought after regions for the sponsors so I'm going to have to say your assessment in those areas are totally bogus, also he may not be a superstar in your eyes but he is in others and he is extremely well known I'll bet you can ask anyone who only has an inkling about F1 they will still know names like Button, Hamilton, Alonso but they would struggle to tell you who Bottas and Di Resta are..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom