Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

Il_leone What do you mean they did not have faith in him first time round? When Brawn became Merc they tried their best to keep him and called him a traitor for leaving to go to McLaren okay they didn't use the word traitor but that is what they meant and Button is extremely marketable especially in Japan and England which are highly sought after regions for the sponsors so I'm going to have to say your assessment in those areas are totally bogus, also he may not be a superstar in your eyes but he is in others and he is extremely well known I'll bet you can ask anyone who only has an inkling about F1 they will still know names like Button, Hamilton, Alonso but they would struggle to tell you who Bottas and Di Resta are..

Hello - first time round they wanted to offer Button £4m saying they wanted to operate on Brawn's rigid cost model... that bonehead Nick Fry even quoted that he'd hoped Button would stay but there would not be additional salary raise.

Then when Jenson went to MClaren and got only £6m on the table , Mercedes came back with an improved contract of £8m for 1 year only. Mercedes never made any mention they wanted Button when they first took over Brawn despite the prestige of carrying Car No 1 which they think did not matter because Schumacher was more marketable apparently ( and paid him more handsomely)

RasputinLives

Back to Button - good drive - experience showed I'd like to point to a couple of twitterers who said i) when will Mclaren stop put up with JB's excuses ii) Alonso pushes the team around faster than Button drives

Point 1- Button finished 6 places from where he started and beat his teammate

I've read and heard all the criticisms about Jenson they used to annoy me a lot, but now it all just goes straight over my head I just can't be arsed to pander to idiots..

Raikkonen, Kvyat, Vettel, Perez and Magnusson's power unit problems had little (lot) to do with Buttons gain and finishing ahead of his team mate don't you think?

For those having a go at Button ...well he's beaten Magnussen in every race bar Melbourne in an average car so what else are people expecting .

I think JB has driven pretty well this season given the machinery at his disposal ... and he is the perfect "company man" for McLaren ... non contentious ... unassuming ... not prone to childish outbursts.... he was like that pre-Ron too ...

I would just like to say for those of you who think Button is finished he made the most overtakes in Canada of all the drivers his tally 7 his teammates tally 1 a comprehensive beating of the young gun if you ask me, Kmag doesn't seem to be the next Lewis does he.

And still he keeps on proving his critics wrong and still they just will not let up on him, maybe they have their own agenda, who knows...
So which one of the drivers should McLaren keep for next year if they had to get rid of one of them.:thinking:

Last edited:
I would just like to say for those of you who think Button is finished he made the most overtakes in Canada of all the drivers his tally 7 his teammates tally 1 a comprehensive beating of the young gun if you ask me, Kmag doesn't seem to be the next Lewis does he.

And still he keeps on proving his critics wrong and still they just will not let up on him, maybe they have their own agenda, who knows...
So which one of the drivers should McLaren keep for next year if they had to get rid of one of them.:thinking:

The guy who drives the motorhome?

So Magnusson isn't very good and Button is beating him therefore McLaren should keep Button? Sounds a bit like the enemy of my enemy is my friend argument. McLaren need something, whether it's a marquee designer or a marquee driver and I don't think either of the guys sitting in the seats are that, I think they probably need both. I also think Jenson needs a team mate who will push him and, at the moment at least, Magnusson isn't doing that.

Back
Top Bottom