Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

I don't feel sorry for him. He seems to perform at his bet when he is being challenged by his team mate, so I am quite looking forward to seeing what happens. Without any preconceptions about what might happen either way, and without the schadenfreude.

I personally want to see both drivers and the team get things back to the top, and challenge again.

Hamberg by garbage I mean the season hasn't even started yet and some people feel it is a good idea to stir the shit and write Button off before a single point has been won and that is the bit I'm sick to death of, why not go and pick on someone else for a change.

So I support Jenson so ****ing what! Has anyone got a ****ing problem with that???

I thought all this shit would end when he was no longer a team mate to Lewis, but sadly I have been proven wrong, some of you are like a dog with a bone you just can't let it go. So Button beat Lewis over a three year period, get over it already, why don't Lewis fans carry on supporting their chap and us Button fans will carry on supporting ours, end of, and if either side has something to say try and make sure it is factual and not something conjured up by pure speculation of a completely unknown future.

Or can one of you tell me what the lottery numbers will be next Saturday because that really would be useful information...

Last edited:
But if people really want to lead off with. What ifs
  • What if Kimi wins the Championship this season what would that do to Alonso after all he has been trying with Ferrari for four years?
  • What if Rosberg heavily out scores Lewis this year and Lewis only finishes fourth in the championship (Again!) would Merc want to keep paying Hamilton's salary?
  • What if Vettel is beaten by his new team mate?
  • What if a bear really doesn't shit in the woods?
  • What if I kept my promise to myself and didn't allow you lot to wind me up?
All these things mean nothing to me whether they are true or even come to be true, it doesn't change my life one iota, except for the bit about allowing you lot to wind me up....

Can we avoid any personal attacks and excessive use of the vernacular please. I don't believe anyone is trying to wind anyone else up simply that at this time of year there is lots of speculation. I seem to recall similar discussions in the Hamilton thread last year with regard to his relationship and performance with Rosberg. It takes two for a wind up, one to post and the other to react so take a pill, count to ten and, if you can, rise above it.

Thanks

FB

I have to say I don't know why there should be an issue yet as to the "how-will-Jenson-cope?" debate when the season ain't even started yet??...

Hamberg Mephistopheles

Every year, people have said things like "This will be the year that means that JB sinks or swims..." - First there was Villeneuve - If he lost to him, he'd be finished, then there was Sato - with many people shouting about his death-knell after Sato beat him in one race, then Barrichello, then Hamilton (who was apparently going to "wipe the floor with Jenson, and force him into retirement"). Then there was Perez (who was going to "beat Jenson and show him up for being a slowcoach").... Every time, JB has answered his critics with his driving.

In 2013, the car was a dog. When you have a driver stating "It was nice to finally drive a car that went in a straight line and that I could see in the corners" tells you just HOW bad the car was; JB has a reputation for not being great when the car's not good, but still out-scored Perez by over 2 points to 1!

Coulthard certainly is one of these commentators who is slightly annoyed that he isn't an F1 driver any more, having been shown up by Webber...

It also amuses me that DC has come out and said "JB COULD be on his way out of F1 IF Magnussen beats him this season.

Well duh!!! I could start flying if I break wind hard enough... Chilton could win the WDC if he could drive a bit faster....

It's one of those quotes that is actually just designed to raise his own profile (DC that is). If JB loses out, he might be dropped by MCLaren (or might not be). If JB beats Magnussen, he could be given a new contract (or might not be).

The season hasn't even started yet, and the doom mongers are already at it! All I can say is that at the last Bahrain test, JB and Magnussen set almost identical times. Only difference; JB's was on the soft tyres, Magnussen's was on the supersoft.

It also amuses me that DC has come out and said "JB COULD be on his way out of F1 IF Magnussen beats him this season.

Well duh!!! I could start flying if I break wind hard enough... .

Not sure why you're tagging me, I was raising the same point - whatever applies to Jenson in this instance can apply to any driver in his position. Whether it happens or not is entirely different.

RasputinLives Lewywo4 The Pits The Artist.....

Jenson is the oldest driver on the grid now that Webber is gone and given the fickle nature of F1 now it seems like they want the next superstar already

It will be interesting to see if Jenson does or will he finally hang up the helmet as he did not want to commit to Mclaren Honda yet and whether he wants to focus on spending more time with Jessica

---------------

Potentially Mclaren have probably the most coveted seat available for 2015 depending on what people think will be a return of the Mclaren Honda dominance and the last two years Hulkenberg has been denied the seat ... I can't see Ron Dennis turning down the chance to sign him if offered since Alonso is distancing himself from rejoining

It also seems like Magnussen is rated very highly - more so than Perez by Mclaren insiders and is touted as the next superstar

-----------------------------

the fickle nature of F1 now is if the younger teammate builds the old guy hands down then that is usually the cue for everyone to jump and say he should hang his helmet and save his reputation from further damage
---------------------------------------

Jenson Button has nothing to be ashamed of whatever the outcome .. what he has achieved in F1 they can't take it away from him

The Artist..... Coulthard is good mates with Button and he knows that when you're approaching your mid 30's it is always a question of when to hang up

I am sure partly DC would have heard whispers that Vettel was going to be promoted which coincided with his poor form being in Red Bull

RasputinLives Lewywo4 The Pits The Artist.....Jenson is the oldest driver on the grid now that Webber is gone
No he isn't Kimi Raikkonen is by six months, Jenson is the most experienced driver on the grid due to his age when he started and that he hasn't taken a sabbatical and Ferrari had no problem hiring Kimi, age didn't come into it, there is no point in filling a team with young guns with no experience and who are likely to throw valuable points down the toilet as Perez did last year.

Why do people keep banging on about age anyway? He's only 34 for goodness sake, Christ I wish I was only 34....

Last edited:
It depends if Magnussen proves to be as sensational as Hamilton and if Ron seriously has set his eyes on getting Hulkenberg or Alonso for 2015

We don't know if Honda have influence on the driver selection

Brogan Please don't drag me down I meant out scored points wise over a three year period that's all, and it really doesn't matter, It's probably a can of worms that is better left with the lid firmly affixed.

Either way neither one trounced the other..

Last edited:
Well it does matter as total points scored over x period is not something that is factored into the WDC, nor WCC, as I'm sure you're aware.

Back
Top Bottom