Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

As i put on the race thread JB this weekend with his 3rd on the grid in tricky conditions & then a great 6th proves how mad McLaren would be to let him go but I understand that Honda pay alonsos wages & how in a competitive car he still can be a race winner

Keep Button, lose Vandoorne forever. Mad.
He's done a good job, he'd do a good job next year. But they must keep Vandoorne - the potential second arm to the Benelux Years.

RasputinLives ..... My understanding was they had a tyre mixup and sent him out on worn rubber, then had to bring him back in for the right tyres leaving him time for only one lap which he struck traffic in so was unable to put in a competitive time.

That ageing Spaniard doesn't seem to be pulling up any trees...perhaps keep Button & Vandoorne instead? :thinking:

Alonso is ahead 6-2 in qualifying, 3-1 in races and 18-13 in points. On a points per race basis Button has scored 52% of Alonso's points, and Alonso holds a median advantage of 0.223% in qualifying. It's closer than anybody bar Hamilton and perhaps Trulli have gotten to Alonso, but Alonso has clearly still been the better performer this year.

image.png

Back
Top Bottom