Jenson Button

Arguably the best ever driver in mixed conditions, all his wins at Mclaren have come in those conditions. His last race win in the dry came at the 2009 Turkish GP.

Button is known for his smooth driving style and is normally seen in must races doing one less stop than his rivals for tyres.

Buttons also know to be a bit of a practical joker and will take part in anything fun.

Since his debut in 2000 Button has won the majority of hearts in this country. But what is your favourite JB win?

Mine has to be Hungaroring 2006, in argubly a midfield team and he won the race in those mixed conditions to take his first win. I can remember James Allen been in tears almost and that was the first race Anthony Davidson ever commentated on.

I'm more thinking about what is Jenson's mindset at the moment. He has had a difficult two years now on and off track. Is there a chance he might quit F1 before next season starts ?

One theory is that Jessica wants to start a family but Jenson remains non committal until he stops racing F1 and always worried about taking risks and being fully committed

and plus Jess spends a lot of time in Japan whilst Jenson is still travelling around the world and basing himself at Monaco. Its like they are spending less time together than before

oh well imagine if this was Hamilton the press would be clambering over him about the state of mind he is in to defend his title

Jenson and Jessica split seems to have gone very quietly without excessive press intrusion but lets wait for the first test and see which Mclaren driver decides to blink first

I am not a betting man but there must be odds that neither Button or Alonso will finish 2016 season?

An outside chance would be McLaren/Honda making significant gains. If they do and Alonso and Button become podium chances they may both stay committed. We will know a lot more by the end of the away races. I for one hope that make big gains, it would be good for the Championship.
If they don't you'll find me on the God thread. LOL

Last edited:
Crofty reckons Button was in talks with Williams last year and that if Bottas had gone they would have signed him up. More importantly he says he is an option for 2017 which wouldn't surprise me.

'Jenson Button very nearly joined Williams for 2016' - The F1 Report

In my predictions I stated that none of Kimi, Massa or JB will retire at the end of the season despite all the predications from the previous 3 years that they would. I stand by that.

I can see Jenson rejoining Williams because they always tend to go for a safe pair of hands driver when they are not sure of their competitiveness

It makes by all accounts that he's a world champion and British and would fit well with the team and has done it before . I'd be interesting to see if Bottas is going to engineer a move because I don't see Massa retiring not while he's still the top Brazilian driver in F1 and the team has Brazilian sponsors to please

Back
Top Bottom