Would you race in Bahrain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And remember who put him there?
Mr & Mrs Hussein?
whistle.gif

Shouldn't that be pooh? Depends on which side of the fence you sit as to whether you put a "h" on the end - that's politics.

Understand Jez - most people don't give a stuff - we've had democracy for a while.

Not really a question of giving a stuff or not Jen. We've had something approaching democracy in the UK since Cromwell although never forget if Queenie chooses she can dissolve Parliament tomorrow and install herself as absolute ruler. Back in the 70's she got rid of the Australian Prime Minister, at the behest of the Americans, as he planned to get rid of the US navy bases in Oz.

The people in the Middle East should have a right to self determination but it appears there is no coherent opposition to the current autocratic rulers, which probably isn't a great surprise as most of them are either in prison or dead (the opposition leaders that is). The peculiar thing about Gadaffi is, from what I've read and seen, he actually improved the lives of most average Libyans by creating a modern infrastructure. However, he is mad as a bag of monkeys and it's not surprising he has reacted to the threat to his rule in the way he has.

There was an interesting piece on Newsnight the other night that the Orange Revolution in Ukraine has now resulted in a leadership even more autocratic than the communists when they were in charge.

I suppose the point I'm making is that it's all very well to want rid of the people in charge, the risk is you end up with something worse. Not a reason not to want change though.

Incoherent opposition is the norm isn't? Certainly in the UK it is... Labour went tits up when Maggie was in, the Conservatives went tits up when Blair was in. Now with Bill and Ben in number ten the Labour aparty is again running around like a headless chicken.

Well I would not go there to watch a race. I wouldn't like the heat and I'm not that fond of having sand blowing in my face. It's one circuit that I would leave to the locals. Are there any who go?

Also, my normal wander round the circuit on Friday would be severely compromised, is it even possible?

I suppose the point I'm making is that it's all very well to want rid of the people in charge, the risk is you end up with something worse. Not a reason not to want change though.

Change for change sake is a pointless exercise and, when it involves a whole nation, it is wise to have some sort of vision for the future and a conviction that at least half the populace feel the same way.

According to Kevin Eason in the Times today - Bernie (obviously out of the generosity of his stone cold, dead heart) has returned the race fee to the Bahraini organisers.

Nobody gains from this, I want to be loyal to the King because he is doing everything he can to put things right with his people, He doesn't need people like me stabbing him in the back.

Ha!

Suggests to me we won't see it on the calendar this season, 19 races last season, 19 races this season unless they shift things around in the summer break but I can't see the teams going for that.

I was waiting for someone to state the obvious!
cheer.gif

Okay after stating the obvious, you'd race but in which car? & there are so many to choose from?

Vettel's RBR RB6
Schumacher's Ferrari F2004 or Benetton B195
Senna's McLaren MP4
Rosberg's FW08
Andretti's Lotus 78
Clark's Lotus 33
Fangio's Mercedes W196

.... AGAIN and AGAIN we SAY, NAY SHOUT, BOYCOTT BAHRAIN

... and as someone else said somewhere ... the only thing to race in would be a tank.>:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom