Would you race in Bahrain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross Brawn is totally against it.But not for humanitarion reasons.
Of course there is another reason.In view of the Foreign Offices statement on not travelling there the teams cannot force their staff to go there.
On a much more mundane note if the teams do insist on their staff going there it invalidates all of their Health and Safety regulations, including insurance.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/91911 Mercedes team boss Ross Brawn says a season finale on December 11 is "totally unacceptable" and revealed that the teams have told Bernie Ecclestone as much.
Ecclestone is considering moving the Indian Grand Prix back to December 11 in order to accommodate the return of the Bahrain Grand Prix to the calendar, having ruled out a December 4 date because of logistics.
Brawn, who had already said he was against a December 4 finale, believes Formula 1 teams will run into problems if the seasons continue to stretch.
And he said the December 11 date is "totally unacceptable."

I agree with Ross Brawn, it is quite ridiculous, and also getting other countrys to switch dates? That could have a big effect on many things, attendance being one of them.

The Bahrain track is not bad, started off well, but 2010 tarnished it's reptuation badly, I would have liked to see the new rules on this track.

But I think Bernie and Bahrain need to give up on this year.

Sportsman makes the most important point in his statement "including insurance"

Most, but not all, teams are British based/run - If you go to a place that the Foreign Office deems off limits, i.e. "non essential travel" I can't see an insurer paying out for anything that may happen, when you're dealing with multi million pound teams/cars/drivers/staff - From a financial point of view it's a no brainer regardless of the ethical issues.

its not worth it having the race this year, Vettel has already got the title in the bag

By the time that Bahrain would be run it could well be that pretty well everything would be done and dusted. Maybe the teams could make a protest similar to the one they made at Indianapolis, but for a totally different reason.

news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13608826.stm
Key point to take from this is that not only does he want to push the dates back later
BUT WOULD BE WILLING TO CANCEL THE INDIAN GP TO ACCOMODATE BAHRAIN
That's absolutly outrageous
dunno about the rest of the f1 fans but I for one want to see the Indian GP ten fold over Bahrain that has no atmosphere

India looks like a nice track, the layout has been changed after inputs from drivers and there's also a good mixture of corners

Bahrain on the other hand has hairpins aplenty and hardly produces any overtaking and the atmosphere is zero

India looks like a nice track, the layout has been changed after inputs from drivers and there's also a good mixture of corners

Bahrain on the other hand has hairpins aplenty and hardly produces any overtaking and the atmosphere is zero

Yes, but it pays well.

It's Official
www.planetf1.com/news/3213/6964862/It-s-Official-Bahrain-Is-Back-On-Oct-30th
DAMMIT, I WANNA WATCH THE INDIAN GP

Unfortunately Bernie was always going to have his way, whether we like it or not there will be a GP in Bahrain this year :givemestrength:

Unfortunately Bernie was always going to have his way, whether we like it or not there will be a GP in Bahrain this year :givemestrength:
I think there might be a race in Bahrain as long as the teams agree to take their personnel there - BE and Bahrain might think it's done and dusted but they have to convince the teams.

The teams legally have to go, it would be very hard to get out of racing now that the green light has been given.

The teams legally have to go, it would be very hard to get out of racing now that the green light has been given.

How about they stand together for once - would be really nice to see

I would want to see it before I believe it

I would want to see it before I believe it
Indeed - my optimistic side coming out

I just get the feeling if Mclaren/Ferrari were close to Red Bull they might want the extra race to catch them up.....

How convenient. The Foreign Office updated their travel advice to Bahrain yesterday:
Yep.

It was all carefully synchronised, and us cynics were saying yesterday how convenient it was just before the WMSC meeting today...

I wonder how big the backhander was, is or will be.:thinking:

Edit: Maybe "was" is the key. Could be he's got to hand some dough back. That's like asking Max to quit being spanked.*

*Can I say that on CTA without fear of being sued? Mod's please delete if necessary. I'll quite understand.:unsure:

You can say that, it's true, Max did get spanked and allegedly he liked it.

When the race was first cancelled, Bernie in his benevolence decided to waive the race fee, as per this article from before the race so therefore he didn't have to hand any money back, he just didn't collect it. One could argue if the race does go ahead, the lives of many a Bahraini are worth $40 Million, oh and don't forget to add the TV cash and the advertising, and the merchandising.............. :clip:

And so should the fans.
You do get the feeling, it's only a matter of shoeing in the race somewhere @ the back end of November. Love the fact F1 have said all is back to normal and peace has return.......probably something to do with the Army still manning road blocks, etc....

Well at any rate, Bahrain's rulers have and Bernie sort of has. We haven't actually heard what the teams think yet.

http://www.pitpass.com/43810-Bahrain-Unrest-continues-on-eve-of-deadline

So basically this is lip service to get the F1 race back, remove Martial law but still have security forces on every corner & convince the world everything is okay.

Tell you what Bahrain need to get this sorted, there's a bloke in Zurich who's doing a good job @ FIFA saying everything is rosy, they should get Blatter in......think that would be the icing on the cake for this.

Just shows the power of the Internet & how governments love & hate them.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom