Late start to 2016 F1 season?

Yep Baku is the same weekend as Le Mans then. Apparently they've moved the times of the Baku race so it doesn't clash but it misses the point really.

I think this is a dam stupid move by F1 and I think they'll get a shock when Le Mans gets more publicity and viewers.

That calendar is Absolutely dreadful. what were they thinking from a publicity sporting & logistical view. British gp clashing with Wimbledon final so that means f1 viewing figures will be down . Baku clashing with finale of le mans 24 which means you can watch 12/14 hrs (sleep depending) of le mans then have choose which to see finish live & Canada back to back with Baku just the 5000miles . Truly awful

And originally, that clash with Wimbledon was also a clash with Formula E, who moved their schedule in order to avoid the clash. Bernie seems to operate under the delusion that Formula 1 is the one true sport, and everyone would rather watch the dying sport drag itself another foot closer to the grave than watch something actually good. It isn't, and they wouldn't. The only other possibility for why he'd make such a stupid scheduling decision... he wants to kill the British GP and have another race in the Middle East!

F1 is imploding on itself and the fact they schedule a pointless money race on the same day and one of the biggest races of the year shows their total ignorance.

I only care for May 29th, that's the day of the Indianapolis 500. I will be there :D

Not being too familiar with the location of Baku i have just looked it up to get some information.

Distance from Montreal, Canada to Baku, Azerbaijan 8919 km, flight time 14 hours 40 minutes by Lufthansa, current time difference 9 hours (do either have Daylight Saving Time?).

Obviously ideal for town twinning.

F1 is imploding on itself and the fact they schedule a pointless money race on the same day and one of the biggest races of the year shows their total ignorance.

I only care for May 29th, that's the day of the Indianapolis 500. I will be there :D

For the first time in like 14 years, I won't be. I think.

Not a chance. New Jersey was always one week after Monaco, Korea was similarly sites last year. The first sign of a Grand Prix contracted but AWOL is the implausible travel plan.

Back
Top Bottom