Would anyone like blog functionality?

Would anyone like blog functionality?

• Total voters

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
A blog add-on has been written for the software which looks very promising.
It allows members to make blog entries and others to comment on them.

There's a main blog page and also a specific blog page for each member:

I personally wouldn't use a feature but if enough people would then I'd be more than happy to install it.

Rather than try and explain it all, a full description of it is here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/ln-blog.12701/

So, is anyone interested?

Well blogs are more of a personal thing, it's sort of one person's viewpoint.
I agree that the boundary between blogs with replies and threads is very blurred now so there isn't a lot of difference these days.

The one difference of course is a blog entry can be about anything, rather than just motorsport for example.
Of course you could start threads in the Off Topic forum but this is a way of keeping all your own thoughts in one place.
Think of it as a private forum which others can only reply to.

I think if we had members that did their own racing, or those that follow other series outside the main meat of the forum, F1, then they could be very good.

i go in a group to many of the BTCC rounds, the group attends every BTCC round although i shouldn't think many get to every round, most get to most. A blog of the groups stories from the weekend, pictures etc would be good, but then, so would a forum thread.......

I used to do build blogs/diaries of my car projects, builds, restos etc, but don't have the time to play with them, let alone work on them right now. Most are mothballed in lockups.

Yes, I guess this is why I have never really been into blogging.
I see it as a sort of public diary, and I've never been one for keeping a diary.

Probably the same reason why I don't use Twitter, apart from for site related tweets.

Well blogs are more of a personal thing, it's sort of one person's viewpoint.
I agree that the boundary between blogs with replies and threads is very blurred now so there isn't a lot of difference these days.

The one difference of course is a blog entry can be about anything, rather than just motorsport for example.
Of course you could start threads in the Off Topic forum but this is a way of keeping all your own thoughts in one place.
Think of it as a private forum which others can only reply to.

My thoughts navigate here, there and everywhere and one place might be quite frightening! So have, finally, voted "no". Thanks for the opportunity though, Bro :)

I think im one of the few who likes the diea.....although not screa,ming for it.

I cannot really put it into words why though, (i know that sounds a little odd) because a little voice keeps saying to everything 'well you can do that in the forum'.

i mean if you want to make a seires of statements, stories, thoughts then. Im thinking of an example of perhaps somebody who's actually races (i know theres a few who's experienced some here) and they want to give an insiders view of whats happens, what goes on, experinces, that sort of thing . then its a better way of grouping them together, rather then having one tread and having to goto post 45 for chapter 2, post 133 for chapter 3 or starting an individual tread for each chapter.

Spot on AMR.
Blogs do have their uses and even though this is a motor sport forum, if someone wanted to blog about cooking or stamp collecting, then they could do that also.

Bro - could you change my "no" vote to "not bothered" please?
Unfortunately not - it's a one time only thing.

Don't worry about it though, it's just to gauge opinion so if enough people want it then I'll install it.
If it does get installed, it won't affect anyone who doesn't want to use or read blogs - it will be entirely optional.

email Pat Symonds, thank him for the mention in the article he wrote, and ask him if he is interested in blogging on CTA.
smile.gif

No, not unless you snag a driver or team principle to do it ;)

An editor's monthly/quarterly newsletter might be nice ;)

Now that we have a few more active members, how do they feel about this?

Would anyone make use of it and run their own blog?

Back
Top Bottom