Votes: 10 21.7%
  • No

Votes: 23 50.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 13 28.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see it, there are dips and troughs at a team which he is having at the moment but that doesn't mean its panic and he's gotta leave. I'm sure Vettel will have the same issues in the future, particularly if Newey leaves in the future. The perceived rumours about Whitmarsh are complete tosh frankly, both Hamilton and Button get full support of the team and will do throughout their time there. No driver can compete for a championship every single season of their career. Hamilton is a top quality driver and will be back to his best soon enough, he is human after all.

I would like to see Lewis race anywhere that he didn't have to deal with the constant assessment and re-assessment of
1.) His driving ability.
2.) His mental capacity.
3.) His off-track lifestyle.
4.) Who attends his races.
5.) His career fulfillment.
6.) His relationship with competitors.
7.) His relationship with stewards.
8.) His "happiness"

Unfortunately for him, he probably won't find this in F1. But there is one thing that would make these topics a hell of a lot easier to deal with. A championship contending car. If McLaren can't provide that next year, then I would say anything could happen, which is why I went for "Maybe".

He had a worse car in 2009. It only had 3 wins in it (the two he won and the Italian GP which Kovy went alarmingly backwards in).

This year's car was very competitive in China, Spain, Monaco, Canada, Germany, Hungary, Belgium, Italy, Japan. That's a way, way more competitive car than 2009 for sure!

Difference is that the benchmark is a lot higher now (Button) than it was when Kovy was his teammate. And, as a result, the team's focus has been 'diluted' (as you'd expect when you have two top drivers in a team).

A championship winning car won't change the fact that Jenson's unlikely to be put where Kovy was put in the pecking order. The team won't do it to him (until he's mathematically out)...and he won't allow it to happen.

That makes a difference.

Seasons like these are what we call character building years, all drivers (should) have them, most of the world champion’s have had them, some have more than others, Buttons had many. No driver should have the best car every year of his career nor does any driver deserve such a thing. I bet winning the WDC after a few character building seasons will be as sweet if not sweeter than his very first title.

Well, I figured that 2009 would have been Lewis' character building year. He did well.

One can argue that losing the 2007 title was also character building...and running the WDC close in the 3rd best car in 2010 was also character building.

I can argue that Hamilton's had enough character-building years before 2011, not including the racism he faced in Junior formulae.

Perhaps this is a new twist...a year in which his teammate is not only as fast in races but is actually well liked in the team too.

Ya?

Even after the absurd "Lie-Gate" debacle, Hamilton never had to face the constant chatter from the doomsayers and waves of negative press he has encountered this year. Whether it's entirely his own doing or not is irrelevant; it must be an absolutely suffocating environment that Lewis is trying to operate in right now.

And then when it seems the boiling point has been reached, in two consecutive meetings his team is unable to put him on track for a final qualifying run, exacerbating his issues even further.

Nah.

Well its the first season when his teammate has been both, although Button wasn't exactly a slouch last season (admittedly not as good as he has been this season) and Hamilton nearly came out of 2010 with a world championship.

I can argue that Hamilton's had enough character-building years before 2011, not including the racism he faced in Junior formulae.

Perhaps this is a new twist...a year in which his teammate is not only as fast in races but is actually well liked in the team too.

Ya?

And a year where the stewards have penalised him for every single incident, whether his fault or not, the first year where he has had to drive extremely slowly and cautiously in a race to avoid getting penalised
Actual rascism in the junior formula? Do you have proof, its the first I heard of it

well well well

Even after the absurd "Lie-Gate" debacle, Hamilton never had to face the constant chatter from the doomsayers and waves of negative press he has encountered this year. Whether it's entirely his own doing or not is irrelevant; it must be an absolutely suffocating environment that Lewis is trying to operate in right now.

And then when it seems the boiling point has been reached, in two consecutive meetings his team is unable to put him on track for a final qualifying run, exacerbating his issues even further.

Nah.

Keke, you are the voice of reason mate

Seasons like these are what we call character building years, all drivers (should) have them, most of the world champion’s have had them, some have more than others, Buttons had many. No driver should have the best car every year of his career nor does any driver deserve such a thing. I bet winning the WDC after a few character building seasons will be as sweet if not sweeter than his very first title.

How much character buiding does lewis have to do!?

Of course he doesnt have a divine right to a fast car . Im not taking about the car. He proved he could handle a slow car in 2009. Its all the nonsense he's receiving. Why should he have to endure that and accept it as character building and a learning process. Learn what? How to let people abuse you? he doesn't need lessons on that. Thats his problem, he's too good at that already.

Also the USA move could make sense

America needs to forget all past and unify their top open cockpit series into a formula to rival F1, this is overdue, maybe there is something in the pipeline and Fuller is somehow party to it

Maybe the Texas track is a catalyst

Here in the states there aren't many good road racing circuits, that would offer the challenge to Lewis, that he now currently finds on the F1 tour. Hamilton would become immensely bored with running against F1 hopefuls and rejects in the IRL, and forget about running around in circles at NASCAR.

Lewis would be making a huge mistake to leave Mclaren at this point, because the MP4-26 as shown at Suzuka last sunday, can compete with those rockets from that drink company.

Learn what? How to let people abuse you?.

How not to let it get to you and continue with your job.

I'm not saying this is the case but that's what they mean I think.

Almost every driver has had to endure this - Alonso, Massa, Button, Schumacher. They learned (well maybe except in Massa's case...) how to deal with it and not let it get to you.

I know Lewis doesnt cope well with the negativity towards him. But he has SO MUCH of it. Look at Alonso-at the centre of three major 'gates' and he has nowhere near the un pleasantness directed at him that lewis does.

I beg to differ, I am no Alonso fan but the amount of negativity he got for 2007 is more than enough for a drivers career, the british press really ruined his reputation, and was one of the causes of his unhealthy relationship with Ron Dennis, McLaren and Lewis Hamilton, he then got hammered by the press straightaway after Massa let him through.

As for the crash-gate he got criticised for that even though theres no proof of him doing anything negative.

I beg to differ, I am no Alonso fan but the amount of negativity he got for 2007 is more than enough for a drivers career, the british press really ruined his reputation, and was one of the causes of his unhealthy relationship with Ron Dennis, McLaren and Lewis Hamilton, he then got hammered by the press straightaway after Massa let him through.

As for the crash-gate he got criticised for that even though theres no proof of him doing anything negative.

But nothing sticks! Hence his nickname. Lewis only has to sneeze and it's still discused years later. And I cant accept that he knew nothing about crashgate. I did even as I watched the race!!

Yes Hamilton sneezes and it's currently getting discussed in at McLaren on how it's affecting his performance, maybe he should miss a race and get rid of his hayfever...

Nothing sticks to Alonso because he shrugs it off and doesn't let it get to him, he moved from McLaren and rebuilt his reputation quite quickly at Renault, he shrugged off the criticism and drove the best I have ever seen him after Hockenheim to contend for the title, unlike Hamilton he doesn't keep getting into similar incidents and when something negative happens to him he delivers on track, I have not seen that from Hamilton this season, you would have expected him to bounce back after Monaco, he didn't, same with Canada he didn't etc. Etc.

It's not a dig at Hamilton I am comparing two top drivers on how they deal with situations, Alonso has been in big controversies and hes bounced back, Hamilton has been caught up in little incidents this year and hasn't, however I really hope he does...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom