Which race to visit?

tooncheese

Hans Heyer
Contributor
I'm planning on visting my first Grand Prix next year, and have narrowed it down to four, (Location, cost, and being in Spain ruled the others out).
Currently I'm thinking of visiting Hungary, as you can see 80% of the lap due to the elavation, and there are lots of laps, a drawback for Spa. Also it is dirt cheap (JB and LH put paid to going to Silverstone)

Germany
Hungary
Belguim
Italy

Has anyone been to these race tracks, have any past knowledge? All of my race days so far have been at Brands Hatch.

Spa is a great track to visit, but because of the trees, you can't see much of the track whilst sitting down (at least not from where I was), but if you fancy a long walk around the track it's brilliant.

I'm (hopefully) going to Germany next year, which looks good, but really, it depends what you want from your weekend.

Im not too bothered by how exciting the race is, DTM didn't do a great deal of overtaking, but being only 20 yards from Paddock Hill made for it completely. Also I don't want to get wet, I left my my seat to get doughnuts just as the rain started, and returned to find in now occupied by a puddle. Jeans were in a mess by the end of it. I just want a cheap seat that can let me watch all the action unfold, and something to do while the race is off, isn't Spa nowhere near a large town?

Monza is hard to beat for atmosphere, and not far from Milan. If the key factor is having the widest view of the circuit, probably Budapest is better than either Spa or Monza - though I haven't been to Hungary myself.

I've been to Belgium twice before and It's been great, if you can great in the right position you can see a lot of the track, even in a general admission ticket, I'm going to Monza next year and I'm really looking forward to it :)

I've been to Belgium twice before and It's been great, if you can great in the right position you can see a lot of the track, even in a general admission ticket, I'm going to Monza next year and I'm really looking forward to it :)
You lucky [insert word]

>:(Well i went to Turkey last year and the race was good, but gutted i can't go again next year now its of the calendar. But now with Mam and Dad going to Canada on Holiday in June i'm gonna try and get qualifying and race day tickets and go there next year.

If i was to recommend any track in Europe to go to it's gotta be Monza. You just can't beat the atmosphere.

I have never warmed to Hungary, but I love both Spa and Monza, both of which we have gone to many times, starting in the early 60s. I would recommend Monza, as do most of the posters so far. The atmosphere is fantastic, the fans are largely rabid Tifosi, which can be considered either good or bad depending on your point of view. Plus there is the added bonus of Italian food.

Back
Top Bottom