Things ... Welcome to the Future (2018 - 2019 Silly Season)

I read something last night but annoyingly cant find the link now but Horner mentioned that F1 should cut there losses & get rid of these hybrids next seasons go back to the V8 of 2013 or V10s. now I thought good idea because that would slash nearly 80/100m off the budgets for next season but I cant help but feel if we did that then wouldn't we just be getting rid of mercedes dominance for Red Bull dominance

Horner says that F1 should go back to proper engines, one of his reasons is that they are using technology which is not in use one road cars; I would say that enormous wings and groundforce are no used in road cars either yet he wants to keep those. I wonder if that is because that is where his car excels.:no:

Vettel has destroyed his reputation this year. He threw away a lot of points due to bad judgement. I can’t imagine any scenario in which anyone would sub replace Hamilton with Vettel.

Well Mclaren announcing Lando Norris as reserve driver is a statement of their future direction who they will back

Force India are willing to give George Russell a practice run tomorrow which in turn suggests he's the next driver on the Merc development programme and it appears if all goes to plan when Ocon moves up he might take his seat

If rumours prove to be true, McLaren will be running Stoffel Vandoorne and Lando Norris next season. It’s also to be expected that Force India, or whatever they call themselves in 2019, will continue with Perez and Ocon.

Last edited:
Apparently they are suggestions that Alonso - might angle for a drive at Mercedes as Mclaren may want to pay another $40m or a year salary for him

There is denial that Mclaren will promote Norris or De Vries to the F1 team if they win F2 this season.. things are not looking good for Stoffel at the moment

Okay we know Ricciardo is probably the man in demand right now by all three teams

Sainz or Gasly would get promoted to Red Bull but neither have made a strong enough case this season yet . Gasly blotted all his good work in Bahrain with a poor weekend in China, whilst Sainz is just a shade slower than Hulkenburg at Renault

Ferrari apart from Ricciardo and LeClerc who is still learning might want to think about the following options

Perez- probably good for Vettel in that he is not that fastest and he brings in good sponsorshop

Giovinazzi - his development work might be a key in getting ahead of LeClerc

Magnussen - he seems to have find his form this season over Grosjean with some impressive performances and the Ferrari link to Haas might be a case to promote him. He is back to the K Mag of 2014 now

Grosjean - at 32 this might well be his last chance to get a top seat, overlooked by Ferrari so there is something that they are unsure about to promote him to the team. Being outperformed by his teammate is not helping his cause

Hulkenburg - so far impressive in leading Renault and outperforming Sainz and there maybe a strong case to consider him but he has been rejected in the past by Ferrari which is a shame because he appears to be approaching his peak

Kyvat - unless there are some powerful Russian backers behind him ,I don't see him being promoted

No, I’ve stated it here multiple times, his manager was to greedy and Ferrari eventually gave up on him and signed Räikkönen.
Source: Austrian and German media.

Il_leone

Grosjean hasn’t been overlooked, he had half a strong season at the end of 2013, other than that he hasn’t produced any outstanding results.
He got demolished by Räikkönen in their two years together.

I also don’t see Bottas leaving Mercedes, as he’s performing well currently. He’s the perfect number 2, Hamilton even speaks about him positively that should really worry any driver.

RasputinLives I've heard that Hulkenberg even had signed a contract and Alonso vetoed him as teammate. That is surprising given it got to that stage

Rutherford Gave up on who?

If Grosjean's technical skills are very good which is what the Ferrari team are looking for then he would have been promoted.

Bottas ' situation depends om both Ricciardo, and Hamilton whether he stays or not unless Mercedes put pressure on Toto about seeing their young drivers more which in case means promoting Ocon to Mercedes

Of course his accident rate is closer to Maldonado’s than Ricciardo’s. He’ll mature; he’s still three years younger than Michael Schumacher at his first victory and nearly five years younger than Senna.

(He’s 12 years younger today than Damon Hill was at first win :blink:)

Even though they both get it labeled at them neither Vettel or Hamilton had as many accidents as Max at this point in their career. Neither did Grosjean!

Vettel actually did if I remember back in 2008 his first 4 or 5 races he was involved in numerous startline accidents/ incidents, on top of his infamous running into the back of Webber in Fuji the season before . Then he went through a phase of not having accidents before they resurfaced again in 2010 starting with hitting Webber in Turkey followed by smashing Button in Spa

Back
Top Bottom