Things ... Things we know now that we didn't know before - China GP 2015

Ferrari are nowhere even near the pace of Mercedes and those 'idiots' suggesting 14 days ago that we might have a title battle this year because Mercedes botched their entire qualy and race strategy should immediately quash their utterly stupid and misguided optimism.

LOL

You can 'line up' on your grid spot like this and not get a penalty.

Screen Shot 2015-04-14 at 13.44.26.png

Actually, that really is an interesting picture. If you look at the rubber marks, all the cars on the right hand side of the grid are shaping up to follow each other line astern. If you look at the left side of the grid, Hamilton's going right, Vettel's looking to go left off the line, Behind Vettel, Bottas's rubber marks tend to suggest he was setting up for a run to the left but had changed his mind and is shaping up to go off the line to the right. Behind Bottas, Ricciardo is going to his left (or nowhere at all having seen his start) while the next two cars behind are set up to go right as suggested by the rubber marks on the floor. It would be great to see another picture with them all a car length or two further forward, after the start.

Last edited:
That's another thing we've learnt. After a complete investigation by Red Bull, Ricciardo's car suffered from 'human error' at the start.

Is it just that the front wheels have to be in the grid box? Given that the box doesn't extend far enough back to fit the rears in I presume it must be. BTW, if you want to see some dodgy starts go back and watch some videos of the late 70's the cars often didn't even stop after the parade lap before blasting off down the circuit.

I know that it is possible for me to get so bored as to stop watching before the end of the race and to test this theory I tried watching the high lights on BBC Iplayer and I fell asleep half way through, so I also now know that F1 can be used as a soporific...

Last edited:
I expect so. If you look at Ricciardo and Bottas, both of them have wheels over the side lines of the grid box so Charlie must be pretty comfortable with how they line up so long as they are not further forward than the front line.

We now know that the only dubious entertainment left in F1 is the two Merc drama queens giving it handbags at dawn and poking at each other in the press.

Which is probably all choreographed by the team anyway..

Last edited:
I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one Mephistopheles. Lewis appears to have got right under Nico's skin and the bloke is not handling it well. I'm sure Mercedes would much prefer if there weren't public spats between the two of them but it does, at least, give us something to gossip about.

Back
Top Bottom