3 nations in one in this quiz as questions are asked about Sweden, Finland and Denmark (Norway has no GP heritage). The only GP ever held in Scandanavia is the Swedish GP and this will be reflected in the questions.
- There were 6 Swedish GPs between 1973 and 1979. Which constructor is the only one to have won two?
Tyrell, both Jody Scheckter in 1974 and 1976
- The 1976 Swedish GP was the only win for the 6 wheeled Tyrell. Who manufactured the tyres?
- The Swedish GP was no stranger to innovation - 1978 saw the only use of the Brabham fan car. Niki Lauda won the race, his team-mate retired with throttle problems on lap 13 having qualified ahead of the Austrian. Who was it?
- Sweden's home star at the time was, of course, Ronnie Peterson. What was his best result at Anderstorp?
2nd from pole in the first Swedish GP for Lotus (1973)
- Other than Peterson, name the Swedes to score WDC points. (looking for 5, each worth 0.2 points!!!)
Stefan Johansson (88), Jo Bonnier (33), Gunnar Nilsson (33), Reine Wissel (13) and Slim Bourgudd (1)
- Who is the only Dane to score a point in the WDC?
Jan Magnussen, in the 1998 Canadian GP, his last in F1
- Finland has had only 6 drivers who have started more than 1 Grand Prix. Given the three World Champions: Raikkonen, Hakkinen and Rosberg, name the other 3:
Kovalainen, Lehto and Salo
- Which was the last full year, prior to 2007, did McLaren last not have a Finn in the car?
1992 - Senna/Berger. Hakkinen drove some time in 1993 so Senna/Andretti is not applicable!
- How many points did Mika Salo pick up at Ferrari in 1999? (6 races)
10 - 2nd Hockenheim, 3rd Monza (he did like the fast tracks!)
- Mika Hakkinen's exploits at McLaren are famous. What was the Finn's best result at his other team, Lotus?
4th at Magny-Cours and Hungaroring in 1991