The Scandinavian Quiz

teabagyokel

#dejavu
Valued Member
3 nations in one in this quiz as questions are asked about Sweden, Finland and Denmark (Norway has no GP heritage). The only GP ever held in Scandanavia is the Swedish GP and this will be reflected in the questions.

1. There were 6 Swedish GPs between 1973 and 1979. Which constructor is the only one to have won two?

Tyrell, both Jody Scheckter in 1974 and 1976
  2. The 1976 Swedish GP was the only win for the 6 wheeled Tyrell. Who manufactured the tyres?

Goodyear
  3. The Swedish GP was no stranger to innovation - 1978 saw the only use of the Brabham fan car. Niki Lauda won the race, his team-mate retired with throttle problems on lap 13 having qualified ahead of the Austrian. Who was it?

John Watson
  4. Sweden's home star at the time was, of course, Ronnie Peterson. What was his best result at Anderstorp?

2nd from pole in the first Swedish GP for Lotus (1973)
  5. Other than Peterson, name the Swedes to score WDC points. (looking for 5, each worth 0.2 points!!!)

Stefan Johansson (88), Jo Bonnier (33), Gunnar Nilsson (33), Reine Wissel (13) and Slim Bourgudd (1)
  6. Who is the only Dane to score a point in the WDC?

Jan Magnussen, in the 1998 Canadian GP, his last in F1
  7. Finland has had only 6 drivers who have started more than 1 Grand Prix. Given the three World Champions: Raikkonen, Hakkinen and Rosberg, name the other 3:

Kovalainen, Lehto and Salo
  8. Which was the last full year, prior to 2007, did McLaren last not have a Finn in the car?

1992 - Senna/Berger. Hakkinen drove some time in 1993 so Senna/Andretti is not applicable!
  9. How many points did Mika Salo pick up at Ferrari in 1999? (6 races)

10 - 2nd Hockenheim, 3rd Monza (he did like the fast tracks!)
  10. Mika Hakkinen's exploits at McLaren are famous. What was the Finn's best result at his other team, Lotus?

4th at Magny-Cours and Hungaroring in 1991
Thankyou, next week is the Hungarian Quiz, and I'm sure I can find 10 questions on Zsolt Baumgartner! Luckily they have a GP too!

Wow impressed myself there.

6.6 points

Couldn't get the button to work for question 2 but would have to guess the answer any way and would have got the answer to question 8 correct if it wasn't for your reasoning.

That's my best ever result. It may have something to do with the prolifieration of Lotus related stuff. :thumbsup:

Another good quiz tby :cheer:

I think he holds dual nationality - Finland and Germany

Nico Rosberg races under a German racing licence, therefore for the purposes of this quiz he remains German. I'm aware of his heritage, but then there are probably other drivers with mixed heritages which are less obvious. When I refer to a nationality in any quiz on this site, I refer to the flag the driver represents.

Nico Rosberg races under a German racing licence, therefore for the purposes of this quiz he remains German. I'm aware of his heritage, but then there are probably other drivers with mixed heritages which are less obvious. When I refer to a nationality in any quiz on this site, I refer to the flag the driver represents.
Oh, pardon me - he has raced for Finland, but obviously not appropriate here.

Tone of voice is everything tby and I know it is hard to get right in emails or on the internet - if you try, I will too :friends:

3 1/3....

Although, I was befuddled by the last year when there was not a Finn in the car....

I thought there were about 3 answers to this.... So, there was Australia 1995, where Hakkinen didn't make the start - for obvious reasons, 2004, again when Hakkinen was ill/banned, but I suppose given that you were after an entire year when there was not a Finn in the car..... Makes sense! :)

3 1/3....

Although, I was befuddled by the last year when there was not a Finn in the car....

I thought there were about 3 answers to this.... So, there was Australia 1995, where Hakkinen didn't make the start - for obvious reasons, 2004, again when Hakkinen was ill/banned, but I suppose given that you were after an entire year when there was not a Finn in the car..... Makes sense! :)

I've given that another rewrite to make it clearer. I'm sorry about it!

Back
Top Bottom