Music The Music Thread

Nimrod is beautiful, although I always think of the Green Day song which has a slightly different tone and tempo.

Just because I happen to have this on a tab at the moment, here's some political incorrectness:

Nice choice McZ. Did I ever mention I've played the Enigma Variations when I was a member of an orchestra?

Not the dance version, but the original which I first discovered from the Platoon soundtrack.

And the choral version

Having recently watched the Songwriters Circle on BBC4 I thought you might all enjoy a little Suzanne Vega.

An artist that I hadn't thought of for a long time is Robyn Hitchcock, until I heard a track on BBC 6 Music. He used to be in a band called The Soft Boys, but I'm not a great fan of their music. I do really like this track by Mr Hitchcock...

Whilst playing that track on yootoob, I noticed a link to a band I'd never heard of before, called The Shins. I thought I'd click on it and here it is...

...I think it's quite good. It's funny what you find, if you aren't really looking for anything. :bored:

It's the 1970's.

In a car (a Triumph 2000), a very young McZ looks excitedly out of the window watching the fields speed by, looking forward to the camping holiday ahead, in Cornwall.
On his father's 8-track car-stereo, the music fills his ears...

... And the next song conjures up pictures in McZ's mind..

... And they say a father has no influence on his son's music taste..... :)

Don't know if this has been posted here, or if somebody even listens to this guy. Ladies and gents, i give you...

Gil Scott-Heron.

Me and the Devil:

New York is Killing me (video by Chris Cunningham) :

Where did the night go:

Someone told me that it's the time of year when it's Christmas... :bored:

Happy Christmas, if you can enjoy it...

And, for a light hearted Christmas, with a singing reindeer...

As the more astute among you may have noticed, there is a video miissing from the above post. :bored:

This is because Youchooob have denied us the opportunity of embedding the said video, for the reasons known only to themselves... :bored:

In case anyone is curious about the content of the video in question, one can visit "YouChoob" >>here<< and view the illicit Christmas flick.

xmassmiley031pt0.gif

Back
Top Bottom