Music The Music Thread

I only hope the hormones are affecting Mrs Brogan's judgement ;)

Two older songs from a couple of great Scottish bands.

fat_jez said:

Where is a moderator when you need one.

*Mod Comment* Closing your quote statement LOL Fat Jez
p.s. Feel free to edit my comment out

jenov2003 said:
fat_jez said:

Where is a moderator when you need one.

*Mod Comment* Closing your quote statement LOL Fat Jez
p.s. Feel free to edit my comment out

Why would I do that? Continuity and all that.

On the subject of Scottish bands and music trivia, the pre-cursor to Big Country was a band called The Skids, which featured a man called Paul Wishart. Stuart Adamson went on to form Big Country with Paul's brother, Pete on keyboards, who later went on to play for a number of years with Runrig before becoming an SNP MP.

Before a full blown domestic situation develops here's something wonderful (and it's not Paolo Nutella)

My first "festival" was a free festival, at a village called Wick, just outside Bristol. A kindly farmer laid on a few fields (much to his neighbours chagrin!) to all and sundry! The year was 1988. Two of Hawkwind's line-up were on the bill for the Friday...

There we were, waiting for stuff to happen, me and my four mates that were sat about 10 rows back from the stage (there wasn't enough people to worry about standing up yet), when someone decided to climb the wooden pole at the front of the canopy, which covered the stage. He got almost to the top of the pole before it collapsed...!

... We didn't actually see any of their gig, because they ended up playing on the following night and we'd all dropped an acid tab each by then... :blink:

This one's called Motorway City! (this being a motorsport site is quite funny! .. :no: )

Smilie image ImageShack.us

Good song...................it could also describe how Helio Castroneves probably feels after getting hit with a fine and probation following his outburst at Edmonton back in late July............

OK, this will not be to everyone's tastes, but what the hell. You can always take it or leave it.

I listen to these tracks, I shut my eyes and I'm taken to another place, a time that's earlier than now...

Nimrod, written for orchestra by Elgar. The great English composer.

Elgar Cello Concerto 1st mov.

Back
Top Bottom