The Motorsports YouTube Thread

Matthew Little

Points Scorer
I didn't know whether to put this in the General Motorsports section or here in the Gravel Trap.......... :dunno: :dunno: :o

Why this thread?
To show some of the best memories, moments and things of interest from motorsports' past................

........late-race footage from the 1982 Indianapolis 500, when two of the sport's legends, Gordon Johncock and the Oval Meister, Rick Mears, raced to the then-closest finish of "the Greatest Spectacle in Racing"

In 1992, Al Unser, Jr. and Scott Goodyear raced to what was the closest finish at the Brickyard(until 2006), which led to Little Al's classic postrace quote about what it was like to win at the Brickyard for the first time........."You just don't know what Indy means."

Video taken during the weekend of the 1978 United State Grand Prix West in Long Beach, a time when it was Formula 1 who graced the streets of Southern California...........

One of the best late-race duels of all-time.........1979, French Grand Prix at Dijon involving Ferrari's Gilles Villeneuve and Renault's Rene Arnoux

That 1978 Long Beach clip is amazing.
The drivers really earned their money in those days.

And of course the 1979 Dijon GP is one of the all time classics.

I've posted this one before, a while back but here again is the edited highlights. Mark Blundell was superb on that day. In a rain effected race he gambled on drys when most teams kept their wet tyres on. Every time he passed a car he was pulling out onto the wet track and had to make each pass stick. This is the final lap of one of the best races in any series I ever watched.

cider_and_toast said:
I've posted this one before, a while back but here again is the edited highlights. Mark Blundell was superb on that day. In a rain effected race he gambled on drys when most teams kept their wet tyres on. Every time he passed a car he was pulling out onto the wet track and had to make each pass stick. This is the final lap of one of the best races in any series I ever watched.

1997, CART/FedEx Series Budweiser/G.I. Joe's 200 at Portland International Raceway..............Mark Blundell edged out Gil de Ferran in what was one of the closest finishes in AOWR history. Speaking of de Ferran, he still holds the fastest-ever speed recorded in AOWR, 241.428mph in qualifying at California Speedway in Fontana, Ca.,..............

Back
Top Bottom