The LH Paradox

Hmmm, I've seen plenty of vitriol, hate and extremely nasty stuff posted about Hamilton on 606, and many other forums.
Then of course there are the hate sites.

We're all insulated from it here as it's strictly against the site rules for all drivers, with good reason.

We're all adults and are able to put our points across without resorting to the bile you regularly see on other sites.

Riskitall's posting shows one of the problems--
He claims that the "haters" came first and all he, and his fellow Lewis fans are doing is nobly defending the poor man.

Isn't it possible, riskitall, that the "lewis walks on water" attitude of some of his fans brings about the attacks which you rightly decry? Or are you claiming that all Lewis fans are, by the fact of their fandom, virtuous and above reproach?

Brogan I have blocked all memories of 606 out of my mind and I would thank you not to remind me of that vile place,:rolleyes: I simply meant that nobody on here hates or despises Lewis, (As far as I know.) which is the only place I post because it does not tolerate that type of person. who I suspect only post for the reason of the wind up and not out of actual hate, basically they get a kick out of it and are best ignored otherwise you play right into their hands and they love every minute of it.

In other words "Don't feed the trolls." just ignore them....

To my mind and, perhaps, wrongly there are two types of troll - the over-enthusiastic and the one's we all recognise quite easily.

I am well equipped with a tin hat, coat and enough food for a couple of days :)

At the end of the day does it really matter what other people think of the driver you support? I just go about the business of supporting some drivers and not others having a bit of banter with other F1 fans, no matter who they support (Not only about F1.) and generally enjoying the community of this forum, in what is hopefully taken in a good natured way, there is even a place where I can go and have a rant and bang my head against a brick wall when I feel the need....

Edit

And best of all there is always someone to have a quiet word with me if I take things to far or start talking rubbish and not just the very nice staff isn't that right Jen :spank: ;) :)

EvilWhippet will be so pleased to hear that downforce I know of only one person in the entire world who could possibly (And probably doesn't.) hold a grudge against quick Nick and that's the guy who was getting out of the medical car when young Heidfeld took the door clean off...:D

D4thincarnation?

this-is-a-name-i-have-not-heard-in-a-long-time.jpg

No one has mentioned tin-foil hats on this thread yet which was my own funny way on 606 of labelling conspiracy theroists. It wasn't originally meant as a direct term for over enthusiastic Lewis fans but ended up being used as such. Bit unfair really could equally be used as a term for anyone who thought Nick Heidlfeld was ever a top F1 driver ;)

I think those who defend Lewis against the 'haters' are equally guilty of over-reacting as those who want to put the extremist right. live and let die guys.

What's interesting is how the detractors are already finding reasons to criticise Hamilton for his move to Mercedes and put him down.

If he had stayed with McLaren then no doubt they would have found different (possibly the same) reasons to do the same.

The guy really can't win when it comes to some "fans".

I'm a little disappointed but also very excited! I'm not expecting much next season but being able to enjoy good racing without the bullshit will be great (at least that's what I hope will happen) and Rosberg is the least controversial driver on the grid.

He wasn't in Bahrain.

I will be interested to see the dynamics unfold, especially if Lewis is made absolute number one. It will be interesting to see how Nico stacks up, something I am sure a number of people are looking forward to.

I am looking forward to Lewis taking on a new challenge. As long as he has done it for the right reasons, he should be successful, which would be good for him and Mercedes.

I think Rosberg has been amazingly poor all season despite his win in China. I've also never rated him really anyway so I think number one or not Lewis *should* take him apart.

As teabagyokel will tell you though. My predictions have been brilliant of late

he isnt happy at mclaren,he feels he cant win another championship there,and he wasnt willing to accept a smaller salary than button.
martin now has what he wants,lewis out of the team,and jenson will become the outright number 1 at mclaren.
i think mclaren are foolish backing button so strongly.in a tight season he wont win a championship.if you look at his quali performances most ppl would think the mclaren was the 2nd,3rd or4th fastest car,but because lewis has been in good form this season,he has shown the true performance of the car alot more than button.it was even lewis's data that got button back on track.
anyway we'll see what happens next season,2014 should be the most interesting tho.

I think Lewis has been beaten down about being cocky by the media etc and now has doubts about himself from time to time.

Peversely I think he did much better when he was cocky as hell. Thats how I like my racing drivers anyway. All this humble sports personality of the year stuff is over-rated

Back
Top Bottom