The LH Paradox

We don't apply the same to Rosberg or Vettel.

Hmmm

Rosberg
Hamberg vs Enja
Vettel
FB vs Everybody else

Of course that's tongue in cheek but I agree it's the objectivity or lack of it.

Also I think F1 is now a lot more accessible and advertised with the rules going to extreme lengths to attract more casual fans who are more likely to apply that die hard football fan approach. I support Southampton FC therefore I must hate Portsmouth FC. I have the same reaction as Snowy with Hamilton, but I love watching Alonso drive and the only driver at the moment I wish would buck up or do one is Maldonado - because I think he's an arrogant menace rather than in direct opposition.

I think this season is a perfect storm of Hamilton-ness because of:

(A) He is in the hunt for a WDC for the first time in three seasons...
(B) It is a contract year
(C) His *new* mgmt are agitating for a much better deal (and therefore the jiggery pokery in the media is on like donkey kong ... both sides strategically commenting or putting out stories...IMHO)
(D) LH personality strength (heart on his sleeve) also add to his headline appeal (frustrated radio comms; printout gate, etc)

In the past few seasons all you have had is (D)... and maybe a few glimmers of hope of (A) during the season... this year you have the proverbial b!tches brew... and as siffert_fan states above, the media lap it all up... and :sick: it all back out...

Also, CTA is a UK-based forum so, not to decry the numerous and most welcome contributions from our international devotees, there is inevitably going to be a higher concentration of fans who are interested in the British drivers. I bet there's not nearly as much concentration on Hamilton, or Button, on (for instance) Spanish, Italian, German or Brazilian based fora.

A part of it will have originated from all the problems in 2007, like there will be a sizeable amount of Spaniards who dislike Hamilton because of the Alonso problems, like the minority of racist chants and masks that appeared at the early pre season tests afterwards and the BIG cheer when Hamilton crashed in 2010

That may explain the partisan fans, but it doesn't explain the actions of the international media (except the British apparently) at the 2007 Chinese GP who got to their feet and were clapping, cheering and jumping up and down when Hamilton retired.

Well for some it was like some upstart that appeared out of nowhere (as if they didn't pay attention to GP2) in a McLaren and was driving aggressively and going for it, while most expected a debutant to be more reserved and act as the number 2 driver behind the more experienced Alonso

Well there was a small fall out at Monaco that season because there were questions about team orders with Hamilton behind Alonso

I don't know why everyone is thinking this is a new phenomena drivers and all sportsmen have had to put up with this sort of behaviour since the Romans invented Gladiators or the Greeks invented the games.

I distinctly remember Damon getting booed and jeered at, every time he drove in Germany and if he failed to finish the cheers would be deafening.

What's the difference between then and today? Just one thing, there were no internet forums to discuss it on back then apart from that it is exactly the same...

Don't go round thinking that Lewis is being picked on or picked out and in that way he is unique in the history of motorsport in that respect because he isn't, Damon used to come in for some terrible stick back then from the press and the fans I would only have to mention his name and someone would say "What Damon Hill he's crap he only got his drive because of who is dad was." mostly these kind of comments came from people who were either Nigel Mansell fans or knew nothing about F1.....

I have never seen anyone who was so blatantly robbed of a championship take it as well as Damon did It must have bothered him immensely but he didn't show it then and he has never shown it since, talk about knowing how to handle yourself and your emotions, today's drivers could learn a great deal from him....

Mephistopheles and as I've always said lets remember how much stick Senna used to get from British fans during the early 90s! what was it that banner said? "Don't worry Nige only nuts come from Brazil" hmmmm.

Looking at Brogan's report logs I'm sure there have been a few in there about me and by me (Probably against CookingFlatsix) and I have to admitted I used to get very indignant at the blatent one sidedness of some views and used to try and rally against it. End of the day though whats the point? If someone believes something so adventaly they want to ignore facts then you ain't gonna change there mind on a forum. Whilst I occasionaly slip back into when I find someone says something completely outrageous but I try and hold back now.

The 2 things I really hate in life are hatred towards individual drivers and Bruno Senna ;)

Well there was a small fall out at Monaco that season because there were questions about team orders with Hamilton behind Alonso
We frequently see a drivers chase of the leader at Monaco screwed up trying to lap traffic that's 2secs a lap slower. Generally a driver needs a minimum of 2.5secs advantage to find a way past. Surely people don't honestly believe Hamilton was held in 2nd in 2007 due to team orders. Being an Alonso fan I could sing his praises for his drive in 2010 from 24th to 6th. In reality anyone of a number of the top drivers, especially Hamilton, could have done the same with the car advantage Alonso had over the back half of the grid.

lewis is the most hated and loved driver,so he is more often than not the driver ppl talk about the most.
so you have plenty of ppl talking bad about him and knocking everything he does.
then you have fans like myself who feel they need to defend him.lewis for whatever reason seems to be more harshly judged than other drivers,so this makes fans more passionate when it comes to defending him,and his haters more determined to knock everything he does.
lewis has been despised by many for quite a few years now,its nothing new.on some forums you see ppl mainly hating on lewis,on others mainly praising him.then you have forums when its 50/50,so theres lots of back and forth stuff that goes on.ppl just like to talk/argue about him.

Back
Top Bottom