The Future Of F1

Reverse grid was a ridiculous idea, amazed it even made it to the voting table. If it ever happens I’ll quit watching.

as permenant fixture I fully agree because it could affect championship, but as 1 off at circuit where there isn't much feeder series action have a sprint race instead of FP3 id be intrigued we talked about it on here i think before liberty. who would win in reverse grid how far would williams drop, how far up would lewis get. would a top 3 team win or would it be a mclaren or Renault

----------------------------------------------------------------
but i like the ideas of 2 1 hour afternoon sessions because the morning is abit early & you cant have qualifying on sunday because it would just cheapen it

Last edited:

What the fudge is going on with the side pods?

Screenshot 2019-10-30 at 13.17.16.png

It's long but is a good read.

"All that would mean is that good drivers are more likely to be rewarded for their efforts. A driver who is 0.2 seconds a lap quicker than a rival, in a car that is 0.1secs slower, could still win the race. If that gap is 0.5secs or more, as it is between F1's 'big three' and the rest of the field, the drivers can't make that difference."

That, I suspect , is what we would all like to see.

we can't be all eggs in 1 basket. but we can hope & sometimes thats all we have. but from what i hear its positive. i believe we have the right man at helm. you would struggle to get a better man outside of brawn or newey to sort out the rules. i remember a interview with brawn & brundle where he says that it should reduce the dirty air from loss of 40 - 50% downforce this season that drops to around 5-10 % in 2021. i dont mind losing 3 seconds a lap because i enjoy formula E they dont have the big speeds but some of the racing is gripping.

i like the idea of budget cap this was badly needed when 1st talked about for 2009 nevermind 12 yrs later when the budgets have probally doubled. i think ive said that in 2017 or 2018 when the top 3 teams are spending a collective near billion dollars for 21 races. which about $7.5m per car per session is unsustainable. i hope it is successful that we can get more cars fighting for podiums & wins as at the moment it's 2 & 2.5 if track suits red bull or max. even in 2008 renault came 4th in constructors won twice this season 4th in constructors has come 5th twice. in 2008 5 teams won a race. have 5 teams even won this decade

of course we are going to have concerns. someone will have a loophole. like double diffuser. i waz listening to ross brawn beyond the grid & saying in the 2009 meetings. we needed to be more draconian because your saying 50% reduction in downforce we aren't seeing that in the data. which was to disgust of the other teams because they thought he was just bluffing/scaremongering. which was in August 08 i believe. which was when brawn knew that they had fantastic car for 2009

Last edited:
sky f1 did a great thing on F1 new rules, including a fantastic interview with ross brawn from martin brundle which is why I have faith that he is the right guy + a Nicolas tombasas in the studio

& also good picture for 2019 to 2021
temp 1.jpg

Last edited:
Good vid explaining the changes.

Last edited:
F1 - The Lean Mean Green Machine.......

Here's the full sustainability strategy from Formula 1 published today for anyone interested - linky. It's not an entirely new idea to F1 or the FIA, however. There was this guidance note issued 2 1/2 years ago... linkypoo

McLaren, the entire company not just the F1 team, have been neutral since 2011 so whilst F1 and the FIA are keen to proclaim their proactiveness, I'm afraid the cynic in me see's a mostly knee-jerk reaction before big fingers start pointing and criticising and impacting their bottom line. The most obvious example - nearly half of the F1 circus' emissions are logistics! As pretty much everyone on here has said 100 times, re-organise the calendar (for various reasons), but re-organise so you don't fly and ship the whole shebang multiple times round the world each year and you can probably knock 20% off the global footprint without even noticing. The fact they haven't up to now tells you all you need to know about their policy (up to now) for emissions.

quite interesting reading this about hydraulic suspension that banned for 2021. as much as drivers & teams blame the rules or tyres for not being able to follow. where they might be true its interesting to read that once again teams are more at fault that they like to admit & again are their own worst enemy.

Screenshot_20191112-232032.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom