The Clip the Apex Awards 2009: Disliked Driver of the Year

Which driver did you most dislike in 2009? (Play-off)

• Nelson Piquet Junior

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm afraid I'm the miserable git who voted for Jenson "Master of the Universe" Button :sick:. Likes and dislikes of drivers are irrational and I have an irrational dislike of Jenson - from his name, to his designer bum fluff, to his annoying Dad and those awful pink shirts. Also, I didn't realise when he was on Top Gear last week that he had already had a go round the track in the Liana, how desperate must he be to prove he is faster than Hamilton?

but he wasn't ROFL

I couldn't have put it better myself.

(he was saved from getting my vote due to it being impossible to overlook Piquet and the wall)

(however, I'm sure he dosn't really give a monkeys what we think of him)

( :p Anyway)

As has been posted previously, disliking a driver is an irrational emotion. And I can honestly say that I definitely irrationally dislike Vettel! People that smile all the time that way... :no:

Oh, and he can't seem to able to overtake.

You mean like this McZ?

vettel.jpg

:snigger:

This is a really good poll and a little bit taboo because we're being asked to write what we really think about certain drivers and that exposes things we would normally feel uncomfortable talking about (I guess?). Anyhow - I kind-of agree with disliking Vettel. I like his sense of humour but he does irritate me in some indefinable way. I picked Kimi because I feel a tiny bit betrayed by him after hanging a lot of hope on him for many years. I'm probably the ultimate Hammy fanboy because I feel I can see through his problems and the massive difficulties he's faced and see him for what I think he is or could be if things pan out right - the most talented driver on the grid right now and possibly of all time (puts on tin helmet and waits abuse), though the whole lie-gate saga was pretty bad and he didn't come out of it well. Alonso is another possible dislike - but try as hard as I can for all the history, I don't dislike him. I do think he's been behind some dirty tricks but that's F1.
Jenson - well he's been pretty frustrating over the years too but I couldn't ever dislike him. Michael - well that's an easy target but he didn't race in 2009 - maybe next year.

I forgot to add anything about Piquet Jr. Yes he was young & foolish, got mixed up with the bad boys who had the experience to know better, and came out of crash-gate incredibly badly, but I want him to have another chance. He's maybe not WDC material but he has potential. I genuinely hope he's on the grid next year, bizarre as that may seem.

I was going to vote Hamilton after his stupid bloody antics in Australia.

In the end I went for Alonso just because of his eyebrow.

;)

Brogan said:
I was going to vote Hamilton after his stupid bloody antics in Australia.

In the end I went for Alonso just because of his eyebrow.

;)

Better click on your choice then Bro, since there's only one vote showing for Alonso and that's mine :D

OK I have relented a fraction and will participate in the vote. However I do not dislike this driver. The driver I liked least in 2009 was Jarno Trulli. After his ill judged display of aggression and subsequent irrational accusations toward Adrian Sutil at the Brazilian GP.

I understand it was under extreme conditions and he doubtless saw his life flash before his eyes whilst waiting to hit the wall. >:( But he never apologised or retracted any of the rant or accusations, which I understand but cannot condone.

You utter, utter b :censored: d

If it was anyone else annoyed by this picture spesh it wouldn't be so bad.... but may we once again remind you.

"Go Compare, Go Compare............."

LOL

When did he foolishly admit to that?

It was in "Chat" during a quiet spell on the Abu Dhabi race weekend. Which, when you think about it, could have been at any point during that weekend.

LOL

Wahey! I'm not voting uniquely, this is a change!

My votes gone for Alonso - I think it's really unfair on the other guys to refer to Piquets actions as those of a "driver", and therefore he can't qualify.

Alonso is the quintessential prima donna, which makes him a nightmare, but no real fault there.... I just don't like him, like others don't like Schumi, Button, Hamilton et al. Then you get the fans - which of the drivers has the least popular fans? In the FA Fernando would have had to sit out some races because of his fans actions, really doesn't help bring me around.

I decided to avoid the obvious Piquet vote because I don't really consider him as an active driver this season. Showed little ability and the cheating he took part in is just incomprehensible to me.

So.

Instead, I went for a certain Mark Webber.

Everyone on the TV coverage and in the news says what a really bloody great bloke he is and just how fantastic he is and how nice he can be.

Me, though, I think he's a right git. Can't stand the guy. Don't even know why, really. Just does.

Back
Top Bottom