The Clip the Apex Awards 2009: Disliked Driver of the Year

Which driver did you most dislike in 2009? (Play-off)

• Nelson Piquet Junior

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: The Clip the Apex Awards 2009: Fish out of Water of the Year

I've not gone for Badoer because that would have just been too easy. Let's be honest, were we expecting anything from him? He was rubbish when he was in F1 full time so expectations weren't exactly high. The final saving grace for poor Luca was the fact that a driver with current F1 experience, a poll sitter this season and a podium finisher, in the shape Of Giancarlo Fisichella also made hiself look a total fish out of water in the same car.

For me it came down to two drivers, Naka and Kovi. Neither of these guys could make anything of their machinary compared to their team mates. I've gone for Kovi becuase he was in a race winning car and once again failed to show anyone why he deserved to be there.

Its gotta be Alguersuari. Maybe I'm a bit too harsh, but nothing says "out of place" like missing your pitlane. LOL

Cancer Cowboy said:
nothing says "out of place" like missing your pitlane. LOL
LOL

I was tempted to put Alguersuari (still shocked that he's got another drive for next year :o ) but it just had to be Badoer.

Never before has someone been so aptly named: "Look how bad you are" ROFL

Suprised nobody voted for Grosjean. I've read an article about the "youths coming" in F1racing and he was labeled as the French golden-boy. Sponsored by Elf and Renault. Maybe he just caught a bad season so he could't show his actual talent.

Brogan said:
but it just had to be Badoer.

dont want to be mean, but this smiley should be renamed to "badoer", compared to other drivers-> ROFL

An interesting poll - it's rare when you get a queue at the front fighting for the championship, a list of those vying for the right to be reckognised as the next lead driver in F1, and, to be honest, a great list of hearse drivers....

I had to go for Fisichella simply because he went from looking like a born again hero to pace car simply to secure a non-racing role for this year. You have to wonder what would have happened to him if he'd stayed at FI, surely he'd have had a good chance at securing a drive for 2010.

So, not only a fish out of water, but on a bicycle and with breaded fingers...

I have thought long and hard and have to vote for Luca Badoer, he was the quintessential "fish out of water".

His experience also highlights how harmful too much test driving can be.
Perhaps they should introduce some form of mandatory euthanasia to Formula 1... :thinking:

Can I make a cheeky nomination for Jenson Button as FooWotY*? ;)

*What a bizarre acronym!

The winner is... LUCA BADOER!

Badoer 9
Kovalainen 3
Alguersuari 2
Fisichella/Piquet 1

Thats about it for now for the CTA awards. Thanks all for voting and we'll see you next year!

Picking up on a suggestion by fedupwithuserids:

fedupwithuserids said:
Maybe tby should post a topic similar too : The Clip the Apex Awards 2009: Most Disliked Driver of the Year

In actual fact, why the hell not? Which driver did you most dislike over the course of 2009. I'm going to nominate all of them in the course of non-bias, and lets just see what happens.

:dunno: I honestly don't dislike any of them, in fact I can honestly say I have only ever disliked two F1 racing drivers in thirty-five years... Michael Andretti and Michael Schumacher! I have absolutely no idea why I dislike Michael Andretti so I still dislike him I'm afraid... On the other hand I know exactly why I disliked Michael Schumacher, so recently I was able to see past my prejudice, petty mindedness and blinkered vision. I now regard Schuey in a whole different light and am actually quite fond of him. He is actually a very amusing guy and I think if I met him we would have good laugh together...

I could hold a grudge against Fernando Alonso but apparently I don't! He too amuses me, and despite efforts by the media to foster a hate/hate relationship between he and Lewis, they have both steadfastly refused to dislike or lambast one another.

The nearest I come to disliking any of the current crop of drivers is in fact a dislike for people who insist on disliking drivers because they happen to be human after all. Nelsinho Piquet was a great dissapointment (he shouldn't have deliberately crashed and he shouldn't have blown the whistle out of spite) but you've got to feel for the guy... There is also the possibility that carrying that guilt around was affecting his performance. To race effectively you have to believe in yourself and losing track of your moral compass is as debilitating and confidence sapping as any trip into the wall.

I must be feeling very festive today, usually I am a spiteful vengeful guy with a chip on his shoulder...

:thinking: I'll vote tomorrow, perhaps I will have an improved demeanour. :bored:

I've gone for Vettel, I just don't like him, dunno why, it could be the shit eating grin, it could be that he seems only to be able to win from pole?

Dunno, just don't like him.

I've gone for Piquet Jnr. He only grassed himself up and his team due to the likelyhood of the loss of his job. Any one willing to endanger his own life and that of his fellow racers dosn't deserve to be in F1.

He was part of an attempt to cheat in order to win a race. The FIA response and aftermath was even more shameful but at the end of the day the match that started the fire was Piquet JNR.

I hope he dosn't manage to weasel his way back into the sport any time soon.

I went for Kimi. I like him and loath him in equal measures - like him for doing his own thing and following his heart, but dislike him for appearing rather selfish, not being a good team member & generally turning his back on F1.

rufus_mcdufus said:
I went for Kimi. I like him and loath him in equal measures - like him for doing his own thing and following his heart, but dislike him for appearing rather selfish, not being a good team member & generally turning his back on F1.

To be honest, the way F1 is going and who it is run by, I don't blame him for turning his back on the sport.

Anyway, there isn't really a driver who stands out in this category. I've always disliked Trulli for his boring race performances and he comes across as smug when he really doesn't have anything to be smug about. However, I think CAT hit the nail on the head with NPJ so he gets my vote.

I'm afraid I'm the miserable git who voted for Jenson "Master of the Universe" Button :sick:. Likes and dislikes of drivers are irrational and I have an irrational dislike of Jenson - from his name, to his designer bum fluff, to his annoying Dad and those awful pink shirts. Also, I didn't realise when he was on Top Gear last week that he had already had a go round the track in the Liana, how desperate must he be to prove he is faster than Hamilton?

but he wasn't ROFL

FB said:
how desperate must he be to prove he is faster than Hamilton?

There's only one place it'll matter if he's faster than Hamilton, isn't there? Can he succeed where Alonso failed*.

Yes, he failed to beat Lewis Hamilton. He may have tied on points, but the rules of this particular contest is the first tie-breaker is "Least botched attempts to blackmail own team". The second tie-break was "Least amount of times caused all WCC points confiscated" so he loses on that too! And the third tie-break was countback, which the FIA used!

And, no, I voted for Piquet, since you ask.

Back
Top Bottom