• Logan Sargeant

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Alex Albon

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
For the first time in many seasons in F1 we have a group of drivers who aren't there because of the cash or sponsors they bring to a team, rather they appear to be there based on their ability to pedal an F1 car. Now I know many of you will take a moment to point out that Lance Stroll is there because his dad bought an F1 team, but do remember that Lance does have a genuine pole position to his name and has led 32 race laps. And Fernando Alonso himself said that Lance is a "future world champion" (I don't recall what sport was mentioned though)

So here is the list of F1 drivers for 2023. Who's going to get the wooden spoon in 2023? You can either vote for who you think will finish last in the Championship, or just base it on your own personal prejudices about a group of people we hardly know.

The list is as they are on the F1 2023 Wiki page

thats a good question. a tough question to answer because this does have the potential to be the 1st year since 2009? there isnt a genuine worst team on the grid like 3 new teams of 2010 or manor of 2014-16 sauber that used a year old car & Williams that Russell started in. as i hope that Williams hopefully have bridged it back.

my thinking started there but albon too good & i really Rate Logan Sargeant F2 season last year. so it cant be them.

Alfa/Audi/Sauber - too good a car & 2 very good midfield drivers. to finish last

so i settled on AlphaTauri & Yuki Tsunoda who unless he has reset himself. looks most likely. as AlphaTauri have really struggled finished 9th last year they scored 30pts in final 2 races of 2021 & 35 in whole 2022. the last time they had a worst season was 2009. ironically the 1st season after a massive rule change.

I suspect that it will be Fernando, mainly because if the car is a dog he will wrap his hand in halfway through the season and therefore must finish last

It's a difficult question to answer. Many of the teams this year have an interesting dynamic where the established driver faces a rookie on a mission.

The big three are all as you were We know the finishing order at Red Bull, Ferrari should be Leclerc then Sainz but which way around the Merc guys finish is probably too close to call.

Alonso has got his excuses in early just incase Stroll turns out to be quicker than expected so that one will be fun to watch.

Haas will be interesting to watch as Mag looked great when compared to Schumacher and Hulk is no slouch so how that one works out is anyone's guess.

The most boring line up on the grid is Bottas and Guanyu.

Tsunoda had a really mixed season last year and shows no sign of being consistent but then again he was never that far away from Gasly.

So having said all of that, I'm going to award my spoon to Logan Sargeant. There's nothing to suggest that the Williams will be anything other than another dog this year but at least Albon has had a season driving in one already and will know the score.

I've plumped for Albon. Given what Nyck de Vries achieved in his car in Italy I think even in his rookie year Sargeant will have the measure of him and then some.

I suspect that it will be Fernando, mainly because if the car is a dog he will wrap his hand in halfway through the season and therefore must finish last
with the pressure that im hearing about at Aston martin. over the next 2 years. if this is a 2023 car is 1 that goes out in Q1 regularly. heads are going roll & get toxic quickly

Back
Top Bottom