The Clip the Apex Awards 2009: Disliked Driver of the Year

Which driver did you most dislike in 2009? (Play-off)

• Nelson Piquet Junior

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: The Clip the Apex Awards 2009: Mistake of the Year

I'm with snowy - "Liegate" should be top but it was lots of little mistakes adding up to 1 big one.
How about Trulli going off being the mistake? :D

Hmmm, this is going to be a lot tougher than I first thought :s

Well, my heart says it should be "lie-gate", but that was simply a couple of huge mistakes out on the circuit under stressful circumstances.....

For downright stupidity you have to go for the one created by the F1 professional profiteers, sitting round a boardroom table and meticulously planning out a racing series... aka "organising a piss up in a brewery", aka "aren't slicks fun in the wet", aka "The Malaysian GP at Monsoon O'clock".

When it seems that every local over the age of four could have told them it was bound to rain, and rain impossibly hard, what were they putting in their coffee that made them schedule that time of day? Surely it's obvious that if you can't see the advertising hoardings, you're not going to get so much revenue from selling them next year, so bang goes their usual motivation!

I voted for the abandoned Malaysian GP too.
Simply because it was completely and easily avoidable and there had been numerous warnings before the race.

Malaysia is a no brainer reallym since as Bro stated, it was totally avoidable. It's all a case of Bernie trying to maximise his tv viewing figures at the risk of abandoning a race at best and a serious accident at worst. The whole idea of night races full stop is stupid, as far as I'm concerned, since it's such a tremendous waste of electricity >:(

I would have added "Sending Rubens back out with suspected rear end damage (Springgate)" and "Hamilton parking his car in the wall in the last few laps at Monza" to the list as well.

However, I've gone for Alonso's wheel. A massive mistake and in the light of the immediate aftermath of Henry Surtees and Massa's accidents a stupid one.

Interesting... Brawn were definately negligent, if I were Felipe I'd have sued them! >:(

Lewis in the wall at Monza was slightly over zealous but he was definately gaining on Jenson and by that time in the season he had shown he was vunerable. Lewis stood no chance of catching him without a mistake but he intended Jenson to make it. You can't blame a boy for trying. :nah:

Two years running... What is with Alonso and losing wheels in Hungary?! :dunno:

Lewis stood no chance of catching him without a mistake but he intended Jenson to make it. You can't blame a boy for trying.

Oh don't get me wrong the catch him or crash attitude was great to watch but in terms of "Ooops" moments it perhaps didn't go down so well in his team garage.

I knew I'd forget one... (since so many votes have been cast, I'm not going to reset the poll!)

Liegate - interesting discussion; none of the little mistakes match up to the Monsoon, you say. Interesting way of looking at it. (I will not be attempting to dictate a criterion for selection of candidate.)

The results for Mistake of the Year:

Liegate (HAM, AUS) 3
Wet tyres dry track (RAI, MAL) 4
Monsoon o'clock 7
Alonso's wheel 1
Badoer & Fisichella 1

So a win for Bernie, who is always a threat to the MotY honours board!

Next, which team had the best livery? Who's car looked the best? Is red and white old fashioned? Well, there's only one way to find out...

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

Re: The Clip the Apex Awards 2009: Livery of the Year

Is the poll now for best livery?
Just confused as the poll title is still "Which was the 2009 Mistake of the Year?"

This is a more tricky one to judge, since the likes of BMW and Ferrari are too corporate. Not a huge fan of Renault's colour scheme and Brawn was a bit too garish for my tastes. This really leaves McLaren or one of the red bull teams and since I think the silver McLaren design fits in well with both their corporate image and looks particularly stylish, I voted for them.

I had to review them, since there wasn't a single car that stood out this season! They were uniformly corperate, stale and conservative. The Red Bull had the most asthetically pleasing shape but it's livery stunk! Simply because it was the least offensive of a very poor batch of liveries (adding insult to the injury inflicted upon us by those wings) I have to vote for the McLaren.
But it is with a heavy heart. :disappointed:

I've gone for Force India for no other reason than it's exactly what it says on the tin. The colours of the Indian flag. Nice.

Just to be different I've gone for Ferrari - simply because they look like Ferrari always have - the temptation was for red bull, but then it might have been a torro rosse. Force India again was a temptation, but I have to say I support the idea of the livery meaning something, therefore FI being the Indian flag, but then, as newcomers I think it becomes a classic livery in a few years time....

Come on all you teams, let me vote for someone other than Ferrari - go find your roots!

Brogan said:
Is the poll now for best livery?
Just confused as the poll title is still "Which was the 2009 Mistake of the Year?"

Although I like the idea of a Mistake of the Year poll where the options are:

McLaren, Ferrari, BMW, ..., Brawn

I'm afraid we're on to livery nowadays. Thanks for your constructive pedantry, and the poll title has now, of course, been changed. Mistake of the year belongs to Bernie, and I'll never let him off!

Sorry you missed the deadline, Cancer Cowboy! Anyway, the results are

McLaren 7
Force India 3

One each for Ferrari, Toro Rosso, Red Bull and Williams

This weeks vote will be for a Fish out of Water; which driver looked like he shouldn't be in F1...?

Re: The Clip the Apex Awards 2009: Fish out of Water of the Year

I took Kovy, as Badoer wouldn't have been anywhere near a circuit were it not for the Massa/spring interface moment in Hungary. HK just looked so out of his depth, e.g. Monza (for the 2nd year running) was an embarrassment.

Back
Top Bottom